Creative Help Needed

Baking By deetmar Updated 7 Sep 2008 , 4:57pm by Honeydukes

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 4

I had a client call today and asked me to do "tea cookies", with a flower theme, and hot pink and black colors.

So does she mean that she only wants hot pink and black, and what size are tea cookies?

I thought I co do some with a black background and hot pink flowers, but a hot pink background and black flower, I just don't know.

Should I call her back and ask her what exactley she wants? She said to be creative. I think my creative bone is missing today.

3 replies
shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 4

don't know if this helps, but in England rich tea biscuit is a not-very-sweet cookie. Or, could mean tea cup and tea pot in those colors. Or could be cookies to go with tea, you know how they have those beautiful little bitty cakes?
Probably not much help to you.
Good Luck

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 3:42am
post #3 of 4

I'd call her back to get some clarity, but if she wants you to do tea cups and tea pots I see hot pink cups and pots outlined in black and both with black polka dots and on the pots I'd put white flowers with light green centers and little leaves too. HTH!!

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 4

You definitely need to ask her what she means. To me, a tea cookie is a dainty cookie or in this case a small, decorated sugar cookie.

I'd be frugal with the black icing! You don't want a group of well-dressed and well-heeled ladies with black teeth and tongues!! I'd make the flowers pink with black accents. Polka dots, maybe use black or chocolate jimmies for the flower centers.

I found these pictures; they might give you some inspiration:

Quote by @%username% on %date%