Links To Pictures In The Galleries

Decorating By leily Updated 14 Aug 2005 , 10:30pm by leily

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 13 Aug 2005 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 5

I have noticed lately that a lot of people have been posting links to pictures in the galleries when they are responding to post in the forums. Which is great because they are easy to find. But then a few post down the road someone says the link doesn't work for them.

I would like to try to help here. When you look at pictures in the galleries they are picutre 3 out of 100 (example) Now if someone post another picture in that category then the picture you were just looking at is now picture number 4 out of 101. Does this make sense?

Ok so that being said, when you post a link the link referes to a picture number, in this case picture number 3. So if someone post another picture in the category the picture that was number 2 is now number 3 and the link is going to the wrong picture.

I hope this makes sense. I have not figured out the best way to link a picture from the gallery unless you link the persons photo album that made the cake and tell a description of the cake for them to look for.

If there is an easier way and I am not aware please post so we can all benefit.

I hope this explination makes some sense and I didn't confuse anyone too much. This might also help with the frustrations of why the right cake isn't coming up.

Leily

4 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 13 Aug 2005 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 5

Hi leily...the best way I've found to link to gallery images is to right click on the picture/image, select properties and then copy and paste the url into the forum. This link will go directly to the picture instead of the gallery page. It won't show who made the cake or the comment field so if you're going to link to an image this way, it's also a good idea to mention who made the cake.

leily Posted 14 Aug 2005 , 2:34am
post #3 of 5

thanks for that information, I will keep that in mind. Hopefully save some headaches and confusion down the road.

Leily

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 14 Aug 2005 , 3:19am
post #4 of 5

Leily - Thanks for posting this. I too had pretty much figured that's what was happening, but wasn't completely sure. I wonder if when we find the picture from the gallery that we want to post a link to, if we click on the picture & it then opens up that persons album with the full picture, could we then right click on it as Lisa instructed and select properties and use that url as the link...would that work? That way we're double sure that the link we post would go to the correct picture....just an idea.

Jenn

leily Posted 14 Aug 2005 , 10:30pm
post #5 of 5

Jenn, I beleive that will work. The way Lisa told us was the shortcut way I think, without opening up the picture like you are saying. So really both of you are using the same url link. Just getting it different ways

Hope I didn't confuse you, because that kinda confused me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%