Pearl Necklace - Please Help

Decorating By laxgal00 Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 10:04pm by jjkarm

laxgal00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laxgal00 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 4

greetings. i have to make a pearl necklace that is 365 beads long and have them attached together as flawlessly as possible. i have the pearl maker and can make the chain (which i have already tried) in 20 bead incriments, but once the sections are pieced together i am not really pleased with the way it looks. the necklace is for a showpiece cake so i was curious about options for making them individually, but how do i get them to stick together in a freestanding environment, like a real chain and stand up to transportation. the only other times i have needed to make pearls, was to put actually on a cake as decorations, etc. i have methods to make the pearls (the pressmold, hand and earlene's method) - but if anyone has anything else, please let me know.

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 4

what about actually stringing them like real pearls?? you could use fishing line if you don't want it to show very much. I would make them individually and use a needle to put a small hold in each one, and then string them like you would with real pearls.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 4:55pm
post #3 of 4

I agree with KHalstead. Making the pearls using Earlene's method and stringing them together should give you the realistic look you are going for.

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 4

I've made pearls Earlene's way, then I strung them together with a needle. It worked great. I used them as a border around the edges of a wedding cake. I didn't have a lot of time, so stringing them together before hand made the set up go much quicker. This process will work great for what you want. It hangs just like a real necklace. Good luck. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%