Horse Help, Please

Decorating By elainec Updated 1 Sep 2008 , 2:52am by SweetResults

elainec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elainec Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 2:24am
post #1 of 5

Today at church, a friend asked if I would make her a cake. I said sure and as she left, she said that it would be a carved horse cake. I am thinking a horse head, but have no clue how to make it. If anyone has directions or tips, please help me! THanks for your kindness in advance.

4 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 2:34am
post #2 of 5

there are several on here.... just type in horse head cake and search.... then p/m the person that did the one you like... they are covered in fondant and are beautiful.... there is one that is standing behind a fence .... flowers on the fence, etc... that one is very beautiful also.... hth for that one , type ... horse cake... then search

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 2:38am
post #3 of 5
laynie72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laynie72 Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 2:42am
post #4 of 5

Hi! I have an email I sent to a couple of members of CC with instructions for a horse head I did ( it is in my pictures).

That cake was my first attempt to carve a cake so I am not sure it is the easiest way to do it but if you like you can send me your email and I will send you the email along with other 2 or 3 mails I had with pictures of the process. Or if you prefer I guess I can post the instructions although my English grammar is not very good since I speak Spanish, Just let me know.
icon_smile.gif

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 2:52am
post #5 of 5

I did one - have not uploaded my pic yet tho.

I stacked 4 10x10 cakes, then I drew the horse head on paper first and used that as a template to cut around. THen I used plenty of BC under the fondant to be able to sculpt the eye, nose, mouth and other features.

I will see if I can upload a picture soon although there are many on here already.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%