leah_s Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:08am
post #1 of 31

Is called to order. Anybody still up?

30 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:13am
post #2 of 31

What everyone's finished?

Actually I finished hours ago. It's just that we've started this little Friday night tradition . . .

weefoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weefoot Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:24am
post #3 of 31

I'm up. I'm supposed to be icing a baby shower cake but I'm on the computer instead. I'm waiting for my second wind.

weefoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weefoot Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:27am
post #4 of 31

I was up until 6:30 in the morning last friday finishing my first puzzle cake.

leah_s Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:27am
post #5 of 31

Gosh, Wee, you may be the only one still working. Pink and Kory are almost always here. KoryAK (from Alaska) may be celebrating with her governor being the VP designee or something.

Frequently by this time of the evening, we're commiserating or helping solve a problem or something.

I wish you a second wind.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:47am
post #6 of 31

I'm up...not baking, though. Watching the Weather channel, which will be our main activity for the weekend, in addition to "batting down the hatches" due to our location. Need to make sure all the laundry is done in case we lose power or water. My mom told me to be sure to secure my valuables in waterproof containers and said for me not to forget about my new KitchenAid mixer!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:04am
post #7 of 31

It's quiet this Friday. I was working on burgundy roses but it's for OSSAS, so I have a month. I should be doing more because between OSSAS and a couple of family orders, I have more to do than usual. But got frustrated with my cakes for a practice cake and had to bake more. I had great plans for today but got very little done.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:44am
post #8 of 31

I am here. I am working on a last minute castle cake for a little girl's birthday. I have one 12 inch square cake baked, and the the two 8 inch in the oven. I still have much to do, but I thought I would check in here really quickly.

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:44am
post #9 of 31

I'm here. Have finished 7 birthday cakes and have a 2-tier cake, 3-tier wedding cake, 4-tier wedding cake and a grooms cake left. Wheww, will still be here for a while. Mixing up some icing right now.

Hawkette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hawkette Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:53am
post #10 of 31

I'm up. I just posted in the recipes section about what I've been up to, although it seems like posts in that forum never make it to the front page. icon_smile.gif Anyone know why that is?

I'm kinda wired on that coffee-infused cake (just kidding), so I may be here a while. icon_biggrin.gif

shellzey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellzey Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:56am
post #11 of 31

today was exhausting for me. i had 5 kids (3 years and under) in my house today and i baked a cake. the cake turned out pretty good though. it is for a friend's daughter's bday. 8 inch round double layer. half chocolate half vanilla. basket weave on the outside (had to do this because the cake warped...maybe because i used it too close to it cooling???) anyway the basketweave hid all the boo boos. the topper had a little girl with her puppy, rabbit and lizard sitting on a blanket. haven't posted pics yet. will soon

jamalyn1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamalyn1 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:56am
post #12 of 31

Well I just finished the birthday cake for my son's 5th birthday party tomorrow, whew! but I still have lots of stuff to do so I'll be up a while....

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:01am
post #13 of 31

Im here too!!

I just finished baking two 9X13s and making cookies and cream filling AND icing as well

I'm off to tort and fill!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:07am
post #14 of 31

tdybear are you serious?! When did you start? Last week!

Kim, your mom knows what's important. Hang in there girl. My prayers are with you.

Just family cakes, cookies, and cheesecakes for me. So no decorating involved.

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:08am
post #15 of 31

I'm up and should go to bed since I was done early for a change. I just did a 4 tier cake and a xbox w/controller.
5 year old cake on 9/5 - Does anyone have a great for a 5 year old boys golden birthday cake? Don't mean to change the subject, but when Jamalyn1 mentioned 5 yr old BD it came to mind. It is for next weekend obviously. Wishing a second wind to all you energetic night owls.

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:12am
post #16 of 31

I just finished a slumber party cake. it's an 11x15 with a gumpastee headboard with 6 little girls sleeping. I made the cake board bigger on the 15 inch side and covered it with scrapbook paper that looks like hardwood flooring. I covered it with clear contact paper. I made a rug, a teddy bear sitting propped up against the bed a ball and 6 pair of house shoes. I will post a pic tomorrow.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.
For all of you in the path of Gustav, I will be thinking about you. We just came through several days of rain from the remnants of Fay.

Jibbies

tdybear1978 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:24am
post #17 of 31

I did all my baking on Wed. and Thurs. and have been decorating since 9 this morning. I am ready to go to bed but this is usually how my Fridays go. Guess I can't complain, business is good, Thank God

jamalyn1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamalyn1 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:24am
post #18 of 31

I made a gumball machine cake...He is absolutely amazed by it lol. What better than gum & cake. At first he wanted a Lightning McQueen cake until he saw the gumball machines when I was looking on here lol. Little boys also like monster trucks & mud.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:26am
post #19 of 31

I'm here, but only for a second... I'm still on vacation, so no cakes this week. Actually in DE visiting my man--he's here next to me icon_smile.gif

But I HAD to pop on and say hi to the FNCC... goodnight ladies... don't stay up too late!

tdybear1978 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:05am
post #20 of 31

WOW!! not many posts here tonight - maybe I am all that's left haha. Just finished 3-tier wedding cake, now off to the 4-tier

Bettycrockermommy Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:13am
post #21 of 31

Nope, I'm still here. I have the towers done for my castle and the cakes are baked, but I am dragging my butt tonight. I have 12 hours before delivery

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:17am
post #22 of 31

I hate whipped ganache. It keeps separating on me. I know when I'm beat; I'm going to bed!

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:41am
post #23 of 31

I decided on a whim to make a carrot cake from scratch to take to a BBQ at my boyfriend's parents house tomorrow. Considering that the last time I baked from scratch was years ago (and quite the disaster) things went ok...I think.

First I went through the kitchen pulling out all the ingredients I had on hand, then I scoured my cookbooks and CC for a recipe that worked with them. icon_biggrin.gif I spent the better part of an hour peeling and grating carrots...ooooy (My Kingdom for a Cuisinart!) I also couldn't find my sifter so I used a sieve instead, which took ForEVer.

They baked up beautifully! Perfectly even, and I don't use bake strips! However, one of the cakes cracked a little in the center when I flipped it out of the pan. I think I need to let scratch cakes rest a little longer in the pan. Only thing is, even cakes = no cake bones to test my cake's flavor! So I whipped up some cream cheese icing for it, sprinkled some walnuts on it, and I'll just have to cross my fingers tomorrow when everyone digs in.

....baking a **scratch cake** at one in the morning. Dang, I must really be in love! icon_confused.gifthumbs_up.gif

tdybear1978 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 9:06am
post #24 of 31

ooooh a carrot cake sounds so good. I have not had a really good one in a long time

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 9:32am
post #25 of 31

I was also up!! till 2am, but had a bit of drama with my daughter running out of petrol which threw me right off the beaten track.
I was busy doing a baby shower cake, got a phone call we need to pick the children up from after care, she has run out of petrol along the road....
It is Friday night, 6pm traffic and raining cats and dogs!!!
So, only got home again after 9pm, carried on with the cake, son was working on his car in the garage, so mum stayed up and waited till he was finished before going to bed.
What a mum doesn't do for her children!!

Sorry I missed the FNCC! would loved to have chatted with all you ladies.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 9:40am
post #26 of 31

I missed Friday night club also I fell a sleep early but I'm up not getting ready to make a birthday cake it's 4 a.m. here in Texas

Molly

tdybear1978 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 10:19am
post #27 of 31

it is now 5:18am and I think I am going to lay down for about an hour and give my back a rest icon_smile.gif

Bettycrockermommy Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 10:32am
post #28 of 31

3:30 am here, and I am also going to bed. My head is killing me

I'll be back in a few hours

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 11:25am
post #29 of 31

I'm trying to figure out which pictures my husband lost forever when he deleted everything on my digital camera. On a positive note - I now have lots of available room on my memory card.

leah_s Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 12:12pm
post #30 of 31

Sounds like everyone made it through. Really is there ever another option? tdybear, you are always at the top of cake mountain - your biz is indeed good!

For those in the way of Gustav, be safe!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%