Help!! Broken Thumb And Bosses Wedding Cake In 4 Weeks

Decorating By StaceyRN Updated 21 Sep 2008 , 2:56pm by StaceyRN

StaceyRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StaceyRN Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 6

Ok, I really need some help on this one......
I broke my right thumb(dominant hand). I'm in a splint until friday then a 4 week cast. My boss ask me last year to do her wedding cake the last week in september........What do i do? I'm on vacation right now so i wont see her til next week.
Help!! what a disaster!!

5 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 6

If I were closer I'd come and give you a right hand. Hopefully, someone can come up with a solution for you.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 12:20am
post #3 of 6

I wish I were closer too! I'm in South Jersey/Philly, so unless you're in the tippy top of MD, it's a little far...

I'm even left handed!

GOOD LUCK!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:31am
post #4 of 6
step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:59am
post #5 of 6

yea...maybe you can post another thread looking for a cake decorator in your area? OR you could simply find a bakery that you know is good and pass her off to them...I mean, if you really think you aren't going to be able to do it. Do you have someone in the area that can help you out? and how detailed is the wedding cake?

wow...I posted too many questions

StaceyRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StaceyRN Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 2:56pm
post #6 of 6

Well I talked my ortho into taking my cast off Friday. My appt is at 9am. I have a friend who is willing to help(she's a beginner), so I'm hoping since it's kinda plain and covered in fondant it will go ok..... She said since i'm encapacitated(he!he!) if i need to make some modifications she wouldnt mind. She said she really likes my cake flavors. So, I'm gonna use dummy cakes and kitchen cakes for the back. This should allow me for a little more "play" Thanks for all the offers to help! I was really freaking out!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%