Secrets Please!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By amy2197 Updated 27 Aug 2008 , 11:32pm by Denae

amy2197 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy2197 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 13

I would love to know how you guys manage to keep your energy levels up. Between juggling my babies, my husband never being home because of his pre-deployment schedule, and doing three or four cakes a week i'm absolutely exhausted. I would love to know any tips for keeping my energy levels up. thanks in advance

12 replies
APrettyCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
APrettyCake Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 13

Sugar high - you know, from the cake icon_smile.gif
Seriously, my hubby is out of country and I still have a family to take care of, PLUS work full time, PLUS housework, PLUS cakes...
Well, cakes are kind of like my stress relief. So I can't count that! icon_biggrin.gif

Rebelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebelady Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 13

First and foremost, thank you for the sacrifice that both your husband and your family are making for this country. My husband is former military so I know where you are coming from. Although I have not been blessed with children I have a large amount of nieces and a full time job as well as my cakes. The best advice I have for you is do what you love first and the rest will fall into place. So many of us struggle with energy and just because we get it all done doesn't mean we're not bone tired when it's over. Stay strong, take care of yourself and your family. The cake orders will come and go but that family is forever. Good Luck and God Bless!!!! thumbs_up.gif

yelle66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yelle66 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 13

Some days I have energy and some I don't. I just try my best to spread the work out over several days so it doesn't pile up on me at the last minute. I can imagine you are much more exhausted than I am though with such a young baby. Coffee helps me icon_wink.gif BTW, my brother's name is Jon Thomas spelled just like your little one's. Kind of funny since I rarely see Jon spelled like that let alone with the same middle name.

Danielle

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 13

Lots and lots of coffee - sleep is for weaklings icon_smile.gif

For the record, my house is a mess - except my kitchen.

amy2197 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 9:51pm
post #6 of 13

Thanks for all the support you guys!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 10:51pm
post #7 of 13

cakers keep their energy level up? icon_confused.gif No way!! icon_biggrin.gif

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 1:39am
post #8 of 13

I have found my life totally changed since I began yoga. Especially "pranayam" - the breathning exercises. You will find that is the answer to most health problems. Good luck!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 3:27am
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkess

I have found my life totally changed since I began yoga. Especially "pranayam" - the breathning exercises. You will find that is the answer to most health problems. Good luck!

Don't listen to her... she's been inhaling too much powdered sugar here on crack central. ROFLMBO!

Monkess I think ur on to something there. Cause I used to do this deep breathing, slow release, and hold empty lungs exercise with isometric stretching and I alwasy felt on top of the world. I think I need to clear half an hour for that again! Right now I have a hubby out of town working and four kids who range in ages from 11-10-5 and 1. I can't beleive my 11 daughter is in middles school and I just can't keep up. Thank goodness for leftovers! And my BBQ grill or dinner would never be on time! I am glad this cake thing is only a hobby right now. But the sugar runs deep in my veins I tell you!

Amy2197 I am going to dito what Rebelady said with the utmost respect and gratitude!!!! ((((HUGS))))

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 3:38am
post #10 of 13

ephedra. espresso. energy drinks. my trifecta.

elainec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elainec Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 4:01am
post #11 of 13

I feel compelled to thank your husband for what he is doing for my family and my country. Also, thank you for enduring his job and supporting him.
I am handicapped from a spider bit yrs ago, so everything becomes a challenge and I tire easily. My Dh is home 1 day a week and I have two children @ home to cook for every day. I decorate cakes for stress relief, therapy for my hands, and as a ministry. If it ever becomes a chore, I will take a break. Just enjoy what you do and don't push yourself too hard! Know your limits.

amy2197 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 11:22pm
post #12 of 13

thanks for all the tips guys. right now hubby is getting ready to head to the coast to wait out Gustav with his unit and provide support to local authorities. Please remember us in your prayers cause believe me, Katrina sucked!

Denae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denae Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 11:32pm
post #13 of 13

i work FT, play softball 2-3 nights a week and my women' travel team plays every other saturday, plus i coach high school softball and then the cakes...so my energy level is shot just like everyone else's...oh did i mention i was in school too? i sleep on my breaks at work and my hubby actually does my baking for me...with out him, i would be lost...but i am exhausted!
i don't drink coffee, but i do exercise and that keeps me going believe it or not...plus the ephdra (phentermine) that i get from my DR! lol!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%