Nicholas Lodge In Alberta!!!!!!!

Decorating By cakerygirl Updated 12 Dec 2008 , 10:51pm by gerripje

cakerygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerygirl Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 4:51am
post #1 of 19

icon_biggrin.gif I have been talking with Nicholas Lodge and am seriously entertaining the idea of hosting him in my shop to teach some classes.
If you would be interested please let me know by either posting under this thread or through my website. The link is below in my signature.

18 replies
cakerygirl Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 19

UPDATE!!!!
I am just in the process of booking a date in his schedule for 2009. Spring hopefully, but we will have to see how it works out with his schedule. I will let you all know when I have a permanent date set.

I am so excited!

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 19

ohhhhhh I would definately consider, depending on the cost and others interested in carpooling from Edmonton!

cakerygirl Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 19

Great!! I will let you know the prices and details as soon as I have them all ironed out.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 6:56pm
post #5 of 19

Oooohhh what a Koo!!! But unfortunately I don't like doing gumpaste flowers otherwise I would be there!! Great for you!!!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 3:37am
post #6 of 19

How great for you guys!!!!

Now, I wish I was still there!! icon_sad.gif

I'm planning a trip back, depending on when it is and how long perhaps I'll come too....

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:51am
post #7 of 19

Yes, I am willing to fly to Alberta to take a class with Nicholas lodge. When you have the dates confirmed, please give me more info to register. I would like to let you know in advance I am deaf and will be needing an ASL interpreter. I will provide one but will my interpreter have to pay for the class?

If having a deaf student is an issue with the teacher, can you please let me know via pm.

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:43am
post #8 of 19

I'll come from Calgary. DH can take care of the kids, I'm sure!!! Kiddiekakes, if you want a weekend away it's a good excuse!

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 11:37pm
post #9 of 19

Depending on dates I may be able to come from B.C.

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 11:44pm
post #10 of 19

I'd love to come too, depending on the dates...

cakerygirl Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 2:33pm
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bundtdiva

Yes, I am willing to fly to Alberta to take a class with Nicholas lodge. When you have the dates confirmed, please give me more info to register. I would like to let you know in advance I am deaf and will be needing an ASL interpreter. I will provide one but will my interpreter have to pay for the class?

If having a deaf student is an issue with the teacher, can you please let me know via pm.

I will make sure to ask Nicholas about the interpreter and let you know!

cakerygirl Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 2:34pm
post #12 of 19

We are still working out the dates but I will keep you all posted!!

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 2:13am
post #13 of 19

Absolutely count me in!!!! I've taken one of his classes before and it is definately worth the trip!!!!!!!!!!!!

cakerygirl Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 3:41pm
post #14 of 19

I had an email from Nicholas today!! He is still working out his schedule for 2009. He said we should know more in about 2 to 3 weeks. We are definately leaning towards spring (mid February to April time frame.) Some where in there if it will fit into his schedule. I promise I will let you know the exact dates the very second that they are confirmed.

kettlevalleygirl Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:04am
post #15 of 19

Is this still in the works?? Just getting out next years calender!!

cakerygirl Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:17pm
post #16 of 19

Hi! I am just in Atlanta now taking Nicholas's wedding flowers course. I am talking with him now while I am here and hopefully will have answers for all of you when I return to my shop in a couple of days. I am sorry to keep you all waiting for so long.

kettlevalleygirl Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:20pm
post #17 of 19

Cool, enjoy the course!! I am off to Wilton's Master Course on Sunday for two weeks....
No problem for the delay, I just wanted to keep in touch with you!

cakerygirl Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 8:57pm
post #18 of 19

Well - I am sorry to say that Nicholas was unable to work us into his 2009 schedule but he has assured me that he will fit us into his 2010 schedule. He hasn't even mstarted on that calender yet sooo I will let people know the exact date when I know it. I expect it to be in the early months of 2010.
I am sorry that it didn't work out for 2009.

I had a great time while I was in Atlanta taking his wedding flowers course!

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 10:51pm
post #19 of 19

Yeah!! I will be watching for that for sure icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%