Pan Extenders? Has Anyone Used Them?

Decorating By ArtieTs Updated 27 Aug 2008 , 5:20am by Kazoot

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 8:54pm
post #1 of 4

I was as usual surfing the net & found this website: & they sell something called pan extenders. Has anyone ever used them before & if so, how did you use them? I can only figure that maybe if you have the jellyroll pans & need to make sheet cakes taller that what the pan will accomodate, you add these to the pan to give the cake lift. Thanks. icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 4:56am
post #2 of 4

I just tried doing the "cake collar" on the tutorials here and it worked!

Here's the link:

That is if I'm reading your post correctly!!

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 5:15am
post #3 of 4

They use the pan extenders in bakeries all the time. The only ones I have ever seen or used were the ones for a full sheet cake. The sheet pans are only about 1" or less deep. The extender is 2". They are made from fiberglass and fit inside the sheet pan. It not only allows the cake to rise higher, it also makes the sides nice and straight. You could not use these in regular cake pans.

Kazoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kazoot Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 5:20am
post #4 of 4

Yes, you set them in the jelly roll pan and spray them good and pour your cake batter in. I worked in a bakery for 10 yrs. They are great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%