What Would You Charge?

Business By oceanspitfire Updated 25 Aug 2008 , 1:32pm by armywifebryan

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 7:06am
post #1 of 2

OK so forget the fact that I'm not in the league to be charging- lol- I'm doing my twin's wedding cake next, or this week, rather. Large cupcake tower, etc and it's my gift to her- I've figured out my costs - but I was just mind-wandering at work today, thinking I wonder what a professional would charge (for a professional version). So ballparks please- just out of curiosity.
Cupcake tower- 110-120 cupcakes, 1/3 vanilla, 1/3 lemon, 1/3 chocolate, with buttercream icing and fondant gerbera on top of each. Cupcake tower stand was free (extra heavy duty thick cardboard from a bed someone bought) - top tier is the 6 inch cake for cutting, chocolate cake with white chocolate/macadamia nut filling and white chocolate ganache icing, with fondant gerberas on top plus one simple sort of chocolate/colour flow type plaque with their monogram and decorated with purple ribbon/fabric- not sure yet what I will find at the Bulk Barn or fabric store lol.
Anyway, obviously exact price would depend on your formula/markup, where you live, cost of ingredients etc. Probably those of you who have done numerous cupcake towers have some sort of range you could throw out my way for what a cupcake tower etc as per the above description or something close, for 100ish people.
TIA

Karen

1 reply
armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 2

Well, I usually charge a starting price of $1.75 each for cupcakes. So, for 100 guests......$175. That is just for basic buttercream. Depending on the extra decorations and how time consuming they are, bump the price up a bit. I usually throw the top "anniversary tier" in free. If you do want to charge for it though, it would be an additional $30 or so. When it comes to the fabric and all that stuff, I have no idea to tell you the truth. I haven't been to the fabric store in I don't know how long!! lol Haven't had any requests for that in a while!.

HTH

Teresa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%