Can't Possibly Make That Many Samples!!!

Business By korkyo Updated 24 Aug 2008 , 4:52am by Curtsmin24

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:44pm
post #1 of 10

HI,
I'm doing a large outdoor festival. I am using plastic cups and lids for samples. I have 2000 planned but it is 3 DAYS long. icon_surprised.gif I could go through 2000 a day. Should I even try to keep up or just let it go?

I don't think I should have sheets to slice because of the heat and bugs. We'll be under trees.

Any suggestions!

9 replies
pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 10

Divide the 2000 between the 3 days and when you run out for the day then you are done. That way you at least can give out some everyday.

Either that or make another 1000. Then have a 1000 per day. I would hope that would be enough.

Hope this helps.

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:53pm
post #3 of 10

What exactly are you making? Would you have time to do more? Do they need to be refrigerated?
If you cant do more I would just divide the total among the three days.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:55pm
post #4 of 10

Will you get a different crowd every day?? Maybe do 650 a day or something like that. You could prepare some extras when there's down time. I mean you can say to folks, we ran out today, please come back tomorrow.

The devil is in the details huh.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 2:40pm
post #5 of 10

Did the festival people give you any idea of how many people to expect?

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 2:56pm
post #6 of 10

Hi Sherrie,
If it's for the festival I'm thinking of there are always bees buzzing around too. The cups with lids are a good idea. If it were me I think I'd plan on so many per day and when they're gone they're gone. Not everyone will take a sample will they? Otherwise you'll be having to bake and package more after you wrap for a day. I promise if I come this year I won't take a sample. Okay that saves you one. LOL I hope you're doing the small cups, that's a lot of samples to make up.

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 3:29pm
post #7 of 10

Confused here. What kind of samples are you making? Are you putting pieces of cake in a cup? Sorry, Iâm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 1:26am
post #8 of 10

It is for a Rennasuance festival, outdoors, in the woods adn HOT. I can only keep so many samples on hand even with 4 coolers to keep them in. I guess I'll just fill the coolers each day and just see if they last the whole time.

Should be an interesting event. I'll post pictuers.

Hi CarolAnn! Stop and say hi if you are out there. It's only the opening weekend for me.
SHerrie

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 4:25am
post #9 of 10

Hi Sherrie, If I get over there this year I'll look for you! Otherwise I hope to come back to cake club again in the fall. My life has been stressful.

Have fun at the festival!!
Carol

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 4:52am
post #10 of 10

I don't know if this helps but how about the little plastic containers that they use at fast food restaurants for tarter sauce and ketchup. They are small enough and if you have to make 2000 it wont be but maybe a tablespoon or two of cake and icing. Just a thought.

I would set a certain amount per day. It's hard to sa how many because 1000 can go in an hour. You are giving them free, right? If so, do you really want to give that big of a sample. I don't know, I would ask the people in charge of the festival.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%