2008 Yr. Bk (?)Elmo Cake Inst. Need For Friday!!!

Decorating By chrissysconfections Updated 23 Aug 2008 , 2:41pm by chrissysconfections

chrissysconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissysconfections Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 11:05pm
post #1 of 9

I am looking for instructions on how to make the elmo tiered cake that I believe was in the 2008 Wilton Yearbook. Its the one where you use the elmo head cake pan to make a choco plaque and he looks like he's popping out of the cake. I searced near and far today for a copy of the yearbook and I struck out. This cake came to me last minute for a brain cancer patient who is turning two this weekend. They are allowing her to come home for her birthday and her parents asked if I would do the cake...I couldn't resist (even though it's DH's bday weekend). I've seen a couple of these cakes in the gallery so I know someone out there can help me...PLEASE!!!!

TIA

Chrissy

8 replies
chrissysconfections Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 11:57pm
post #2 of 9

Anyone?

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:11am
post #3 of 9

Tell me what you need to know exactly, I have it open right here in front of me.

jibbies

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:15am
post #4 of 9

I have the 2008 year book and can email or post here the instructions from the book. I do not have the pattern book but it look like the only thing from that is the paper bursts around elmo.

chrissysconfections Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 2:48am
post #5 of 9

my email is [email protected]

I need to know how to make the choco plaque and what size the tiers are.

Thanks!

gr8_seamstress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8_seamstress Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 2:00pm
post #6 of 9

I believe the instructons & patterns are listed and downloadable from the wilton web site. www.wilton.com

chrissysconfections Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 2:28pm
post #7 of 9

I checked the wilton site and nothing came up. In fact I went there first. Couldn't get anything but the orginial instructions for the elmo face pan using cake. I searched every keyword I could think of. I could get to the highlights of the 08 yearbook but Elmo wasn't there.

gr8_seamstress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8_seamstress Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 9:30pm
post #8 of 9

just sent you an email. Good luck Crissy

chrissysconfections Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 2:41pm
post #9 of 9

thanks everyone...I think I have it figured out, I'm only concerned now about transporting it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%