Let's Start A Cupcake Club! Cccc

Baking By GrandmaG Updated 14 Sep 2008 , 3:25am by GrandmaG

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 7:51pm
post #181 of 205

Oh mel !! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Meemawfish Im going to try them even after the bomb/flop/$#%$#$$%% I had with the carrot ones icon_cry.gificon_redface.gificon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 7:51pm
post #182 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemawfish

Well I might have to try the lemon ones then. Everybody is making me feel bad for not trying them. icon_biggrin.gif

Oh come on (bad meemaw) what you are talking about (loser)? I'm sure (wussy) no one here thinks (degenerate) any less of you (bad cupcake lady) for not trying it (make them now)!

icon_lol.gif

And they think I am laughing at myself here in the office... icon_lol.gif Quit it Mel, I can't get any work done. icon_biggrin.gif

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 7:54pm
post #183 of 205

I want to make the lemon cc's but have you seen the price of lemons? I looked today and they were $1.18 a piece. I'll have to go over to Sam's and see if I can get them by the bunch. You can't even get a hand on lemon juice. The stores say something happened in South America and they can't get them.

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 7:58pm
post #184 of 205

Thanks GrandmaG. I didnt know any of that ! Yikes !

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 7:59pm
post #185 of 205

Okay Mel don't make Meemaw come and wash your mouth or should I say fingers with soap. icon_lol.gif

Fiddle I am going to make them but my daughter just called with the verdict on the carrot versus the coconut ones I did from Martha Stewart and so far the coconut is winning. I'm waiting on my sister's paper to let me know what they think. I wasn't really doing a competion between the two but I guess that's what they felt like doing. Now they want to know what I'm making next and the paper inserters want to know why they don't get any. I think I've started something. I took like a dozen cuppies over there at one time. I think the carrot was my fault because I don't own a food processor so I tried grating them and I might have not grated them enough. They said they could really taste alot of carrot and they didn't like that. icon_eek.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 8:10pm
post #186 of 205

I had chopped my carrots in the mini chopper and it worked great ! but yes those coconut ones are great . I made the almond joy ones ( without the almnd piece on top )

Meemawfish Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 8:13pm
post #187 of 205

Wow Fiddle those almond joy cuppies sound great. I haven't tried them yet. icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 8:20pm
post #188 of 205

Yep try those for sure! From our cuppy file to.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 8:27pm
post #189 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaG

I want to make the lemon cc's but have you seen the price of lemons? I looked today and they were $1.18 a piece. I'll have to go over to Sam's and see if I can get them by the bunch. You can't even get a hand on lemon juice. The stores say something happened in South America and they can't get them.

So, the new adage is: If life hands you lemons, sell them for profit!

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 8:31pm
post #190 of 205

LOL!!!! hilarous, Mel!! haha

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 8:41pm
post #191 of 205

icon_lol.gif How many can we sell ya Mel ? Shipping is on you ! icon_lol.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 9:01pm
post #192 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

icon_lol.gif How many can we sell ya Mel ? Shipping is on you ! icon_lol.gif

Oh man, sorry, I've promised all my lemon business to the adorable little girl scout next door. Shucks... sorry about that. icon_lol.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 10:01pm
post #193 of 205

icon_lol.gif Has anyone else noticed a lemon hike in there area ?
I have not looked lately icon_confused.gif Well if they cost more maybe they will be extra lemony ! icon_lol.gif

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 2:39am
post #194 of 205

lol, that was funny.
I went to Smart and Final, I read somewhere on here that they sell bettercream and a product similar called Pastry First (or something like that) thats basically the same thing, and guess what, they had it! They were out of the vanilla bettercream, only chocolate, so I bought the Pastry First instead. I'm making a ton of cupcakes this weekend, and am deffinantly going to try some of Mel's combonations.
I'm excited!

paddlegirl14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paddlegirl14 Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 4:25am
post #195 of 205

I finally made my cupcakes! Didi them while I was waiting on Gustav. Still not too bad yet, thank goodness. I hope everyone that was in his path is ok.

My cupcakes turned out great. I cooked them at 325 for 21 mins. They rose perfectly and taste great!! My husband, who will not eat carrots, even ate some. I filled them and iced them, just used a big tip. This one is a 5 out of 5 for this recipe, for me.

Here is the link to my picture.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1261287.html

GrandmaG Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 11:36am
post #196 of 205

I'm glad they turned out well for you! I think you might have your comment box off. There was no where to comment when I looked at your PIC. They look scrumptious! thumbs_up.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 12:18pm
post #197 of 205

paddlegirl14.. They look amazing!
Would have left you a comment but your comment button must be off ?

paddlegirl14 Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 3:22pm
post #198 of 205

Thanks so much!!! Those are the first cupcakes I have done since I was a kid! I was completely excited that they turned out so well.

Meemawfish Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 6:33pm
post #199 of 205

They look so yummy Paddlegirl. I couldn't leave a comment either. icon_smile.gif

paddlegirl14 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 4:41am
post #200 of 205

OOPS!! Didn't even realize that I didn't have the comment box on. Got it fixed! Thanks ladies, for all the great comments and for letting me know about the commet box! icon_lol.gif

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:58pm
post #201 of 205

count me in.....

GrandmaG Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 4:06pm
post #202 of 205

Welcome Zakia6! We're excited to have you join! Feel free to try the recipes and critique any time. Doesn't have to be in order or you can skip some if you like. Here are the links to the other two recipes.
Page 1 on the threads.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6088456#6088456

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6085597.html#6085597

cakes_are_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes_are_fun Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 7:57pm
post #203 of 205

I love cupcakes, I love cupcakes, I love cupcakes!

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 1:29am
post #204 of 205

Please include me. I'd love to join the cupcake club! Thanks.

GrandmaG Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 3:25am
post #205 of 205

Welcome bundtdiva! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%