Anyone Ever Received A Cookie Bouquet?

Baking By BellaSweet Updated 26 Aug 2008 , 5:08pm by susyqcookies

BellaSweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaSweet Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 11

So one of the ladies in my office was given a cookie bouquet. It was from one of the major chains. I'm not sure if I can post the name of the place though. Anyhow, when he first delivered it, I was excited. I had never seen of these before. Only online. But I was very dissappointed in the quality of the product. The presentation of the packaging was very nice. However, the actual cookie looked like crap. It was litereally spread with RI(it looked like how Peanut butter on bread would look). THe piping was alright. But it wasn't anything I would pay hundreds of dollars for. Nor would I recommend that to anyone. I guess that just goes to show what we individuals ( owners and homebakers) can do when you put your time and heart into something. Not to say that chains don't put love into each order, but theya re probably more concerned on getting the orders out in a timely manner. Because they are so busy. Just wanted to share. This is only my opinion, though. BTW, it did taste really good.

10 replies
yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:31am
post #2 of 11

I haven't ordered a bouquet, but have ordered cookies from various cookie places-just to see what the competition was like. Some I really liked, some weren't my cup of tea. To each their own I guess.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:08am
post #3 of 11

My son-in-law loves "that famous nat'l chain" cookie bouquets so my daughter gets one for him on his birthday. (yeah, he's still my favorite Son-in-law, though! She tells me it's 'coz I'm always busy. Ok..... we can go with that! icon_rolleyes.gif )

Anyway ...... we agree. Everytime I see one of those, I'm a little amazed at the "butter knife spread" of the icing. The quality of the cookies I see just doesn't match up with the near-perfect cookie pics on their website and brochures.

FYI: When daughter gets this bouquet for him, she tells me that the store REQUIRES order-ahead. They have "some" in the store if you want to buy just one or two to eat while driving home, but advance notice is required for a bouquet. So when you get customers who think you pull these cookies out of thin air, send them to this chain ... where they will ALSO be told they have to order ahead of time! icon_twisted.gif

emilyc262 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilyc262 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:18pm
post #4 of 11

I received one from the big national chain and that's what prompted me to try making and decorating my own cookies. I thought the presentation was nice and that the cookies looked OK but did not care for the taste too much. They were all sugar cookies. Still ate all the cookies though...

melvin01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melvin01 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:46pm
post #5 of 11

Hm, we have gotten one at the office before and it was decorated nicely and the cookies were actually pretty good (considering they have to be so thick for stability on the stick and all).

Of course now that I do cakes, I may be more critical, I haven't seen one in a long time. Now I see more people doing the decorated fruit baskets, those are starting to become more popular around here, but with Austin being so natural and hippie-ish, i'm not surprised.

Ugh, now I'm craving cookies!!

BellaSweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaSweet Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:37pm
post #6 of 11

Yes!!! the cookies were actually really good. They had a good buttery vanilla flavor. My husband though felt that they were a bit dry. I stole one to take him. Since I can be too much a of a critic, he is the balancer.
But Melvin, you are so right. Austin is sucha natural city. I am seeing more of the fruit bouquet chains popping up.

cookiedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiedecorator Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 8:46pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

FYI: When daughter gets this bouquet for him, she tells me that the store REQUIRES order-ahead. They have "some" in the store if you want to buy just one or two to eat while driving home, but advance notice is required for a bouquet. So when you get customers who think you pull these cookies out of thin air, send them to this chain ... where they will ALSO be told they have to order ahead of time! icon_twisted.gif

I believe I work for the chain in question. We do not pull the cookies out of thin air. If you stop by the store and want to take a bouquet with you, we do have some of our most popular designs ready for purchase. Just like the cakes in a grocery store. If you want something other than what is availible or a custom order you do indeed need to order ahead. We require at least 24 hours notice for these orders. We also have individual cookies you can buy on the spot.

carleen2140 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carleen2140 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 4:23pm
post #8 of 11

Recently my granddaughter was hospitalized and recieved 7 cookie bouquets from the famous company. There were 6 different designed cookies, 2 bouquets were the same. I guess it all depends where you live and who's doing the decorating. I live in Illinois, because there were so many cookies, my daughter was giving them away to different family members, and there was not one complaint from anyone that ate one. In fact some came back for seconds. There was talk about what great cookies they were, that some family members that did'nt get one, were asking for one.
I was in seventh heaven when I seen them, they were very large cookies, excellent decorating, presentation, color scheme and very delicious. I ate about 3 myself. If I was'nt so old, I would try to get a job there and learn techniques.
Carleen

DesignsByMandie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignsByMandie Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 4:44pm
post #9 of 11

I received one when I had my first child. It was sent from my hubby's office. I thought they were cute and I agree that they were a little dry...But I think the same of my cookies...I cannot remember too much of how they were decorated...But then I didn't do cakes either so I was not as critical! But I have made a couple in the past and they are not hard...Just time consuming. In my opinion they were not as fresh as they could have been. But at the same time. It was the thought...that's what counts right!

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 5:01pm
post #10 of 11

I honestly think it really depends on the individual stores. There are a couple of the same chains in town and I know several people who will only order from location. This place produces some pretty amazing cookies bouquets! I had a cookie from a bouquet a month or so ago and it was pretty darn tasty and the decoration was immaculate!

susyqcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susyqcookies Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 5:08pm
post #11 of 11

I have been doing cookie baskets for years now just for family and friends. Because I have recieved the the big chain ones in the mail and didnt care for the frosting on the cookies. I make sure I use buttercream only which makes it a little harder to ship and so on. But i do feel the quality of home made from chains is just better. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%