Help -Wilton Course 2 Oval Pans Question

Decorating By beagledog100 Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 5:18am by TexasSugar

beagledog100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beagledog100 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:24am
post #1 of 9

Does anyone know how much cake batter the oval pans from course 2 hold? Also, what temperature do I bake these cakes at?

I'm not sure if a smaller pan requires baking at a lower temperature or just a shorter baking time.

THANKS[/quote]

8 replies
tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:30am
post #2 of 9

1 box of cake mix will fill both pans. I always cook at 325..
Edna

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:40am
post #3 of 9

Updated links to Wilton's cake preparation and servings charts:
(Gives batter requirements by pan size as well as recommended baking temps and more.)

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/

HTH

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:56am
post #4 of 9

I *think* some mixes will tell you how much cake batter is in each mix but I think it's approx 5-5/12 cups for each. If there isn't a handy dandy chart available then it's probably the easiest to take a measuring cup, water, and your pans to measure how much batter you will need. You can either fill the pan and then empty the water into the measuring cup or measure out the water and pour it into the pan. Which ever is the easiest for you.
HTH icon_biggrin.gif

mrsscholler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsscholler Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:58am
post #5 of 9

1 box of cake mix will definitely do it a temperature of 350 might burn the edges so i would lower the temperature just a bit and extend the time a bit as well

Jorre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jorre Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 4:56am
post #6 of 9

1 box of cake mix would overflow those bitty pans.

I make a collar for them with parchment paper and then divide 1 cake mix evenly.

Makes a really TALL cake & an adorable basket when decorated.

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 5:05am
post #7 of 9

I frequently tell my students to make those little cakes and fill them 1/2 full and then make 2-4 cupcakes out of the excess batter.

waterlily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waterlily Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 5:15am
post #8 of 9

Fill with 2-1/2 cups batter and bake at 350' for 25-30 min. according to wilton chart.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 5:18am
post #9 of 9

2 1/4 cups batter. Depending on which brand/flavor of mix you use you can usually just divide it between the two pans. Sometimes it's a little too much and you need to take some out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%