Champagne Filling...........

Decorating By debiz1123 Updated 10 Feb 2009 , 4:36am by ZAKIA6

debiz1123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debiz1123 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 12

Anyone heard of this, if so do you have a recipe, I've searched and can't find anything, I found plenty of champagne cake recipes, wonder if my friend made a mistake in what she is asking for?

Thanks in advance!

Debbie

11 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:59pm
post #2 of 12

I have a recipe for a champagne ganache that I use to make truffles... I'm sure it can be adapted for a cake filling... I'll dig it out for you.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 12

I make a champagne version of the pudding powder mousse.... just start whipping cream, add powder, add champagne to taste (plenty) and then more powder to consistency. Its really really good.

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 12

I've made buttercream using champagne as the liquid and adding a little Lorann champagne oil to it for extra flavor.

debiz1123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debiz1123 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 6:10pm
post #5 of 12

Pinkziab - thanks for looking for the recipe for me, I'll be on the lookout for it.

Koryak - can you give me the recipe for the pudding powder mousse?

RCS, she wants a whipped frosting, could I do a buttercream filling with a whipped frosting? Never done that before, so I'm not sure..........

I'll try both to see which she prefers.

Thanks so much!

Debbie

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 6:19pm
post #6 of 12

Okay here it is. Now again this recipe is designed to make bonbon or truffle filling, and makes about 200 pieces (give or take). You would want to increase the cream to chocolate ratio for a cake filling, as this is pretty firm once it sets.

Champagne ganache filling for bonbon

670 grams milk chocolate, chopped
600 grams dark chocolate, chopped
1 liter champagne, divided
510 ml heavy cream
150 grams glucose
80 grams butter

1. simmer 700ml of the champagne until it has reduced by half

2. Bring the heavy cream and glucose to a boil and our over chocolate, let sit for 1-2 minutes.

3. gently stir ganache from center to incorporate completely. Let cool slightly,

4. Add the reduced champagne and the remaining 300 ml of champagne to the ganache.

Set aside to cool, stirring occasionally

KoryAK Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 11:52pm
post #7 of 12

Basically it the recipe on the instant pudding box but you use heavy cream instead and whip it together. Very versatile. I buy my pudding powder in bulk, so I really don't measure it - just pour it in till it looks right.

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 11:08pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryAK

I make a champagne version of the pudding powder mousse.... just start whipping cream, add powder, add champagne to taste (plenty) and then more powder to consistency. Its really really good.

Kory,

May I ask what flavor of instant pudding do you like to use to keep the champagne flavor?

KoryAK Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:46pm
post #9 of 12

Just vanilla icon_smile.gif. You will add more than a little champagne so you will definitely need to adjust the pudding powder to consistency.

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 9:31pm
post #10 of 12

this sounds great. is this stable enough for stacking?

KoryAK Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 9:42pm
post #11 of 12

If you're asking about mine, yes I do it wedding cakes all the time

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 4:36am
post #12 of 12

thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%