Imaginary Cake Flavors?!

Decorating By imagine76 Updated 16 Aug 2008 , 2:59pm by imagine76

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 2:27am
post #1 of 13

a good friend of mine had a birthday on friday so i brought a cake for her to work to take home and share with her family. it was done with a white cake mix with a white chocolate pudding and oreos. she is a pink fanatic so i added a little pink gel color to tint it (it turned out a nice medium pink -not hot pink). it was iced with my regular BC and decorated with cut oreos and pink writing etc.

so when i saw her on monday morning i asked her if they all enjoyed the cake and she says "it was angel food!" i shake my head "no". she says, "oh, it wasn't? it was so light and fluffy. we loved the strawberry!"

icon_confused.gif WTH?!!! icon_lol.gif

i'm still chuckling about that from monday! just thought i'd share!

12 replies
dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 4:04am
post #2 of 13

Hmmm. Mebbe there was a bit o' drinkin' at the party? icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

At least they liked it!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 4:42am
post #3 of 13

That is hilarious, they probably saw the pink color and thought they tasted strawberry flavor.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 11:42am
post #4 of 13

I'm always amazed at the power of the mind. When people rave over the taste of wedding cake ... and I'm standing there thinking, "It's the same Betty Crocker cake mix you make for your kid's birthday cake!" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 4:44pm
post #5 of 13

Its all about packaging isnt it? Presentation is so important! If it looks good its like it automatically tastes better

Indydebi you crack me up.

Alicia

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 5:04pm
post #6 of 13

I had one mother of the bride who obviously thought that she was a real foodie sit there telling me how delicious my spice cake was becasue you could "really taste the cloves" in it. I smiled and said "Oh, yes, I know," when what I really knew is that there aren't any cloves in it at all. icon_lol.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 6:15pm
post #7 of 13

When I saw the title of this thread, I started cracking up because it reminds me of the YouTube video that my kids watch over and over and over again. It's called "Muffins" and it's a guy dressed like woman spoofing on.......well just watch it icon_smile.gif

It's weird but somewhat addictive and I find myself watching it when I need a laugh.....

Here is thelink:

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 6:30pm
post #8 of 13

I have to share a recent story...

A couple of weeks ago, a co-worker sent me an email asking me if the difference in wedding cake and birthday cake was that the wedding cake is covered in that "blanket" and birthday cake is covered in icing. icon_confused.gif Also, her husband LOVED wedding cake and could I make a cake for him.

So, I explained what the "blanket" was (fondant, of course icon_lol.gif ) and that difference is usually just the size and decorations and what it is used for.

She asked me if I could make a cake covered with fondant for her husband's birthday. So, I made WASC covered with fondant and fondant decorations and they LOVED it! Maybe sometime I'll get around to posting some more photos.

I just think it's interesting they don't realize that wedding cake is just cake - it's just how its decorated and used that makes it a wedding cake. icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 8:00pm
post #9 of 13

Cakediva--- OMGoodness, why I ask you why? But I must say I want a muffin now.

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodthi32 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 8:26pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTODECORATING

Cakediva--- OMGoodness, why I ask you why? But I must say I want a muffin now.

OK, that was just WRONG!
And more than a little freaky! LOL

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 8:26pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I'm always amazed at the power of the mind. When people rave over the taste of wedding cake ... and I'm standing there thinking, "It's the same Betty Crocker cake mix you make for your kid's birthday cake!" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Hi Indydebi:

Where can I find the recipe for this "wedding cake" flavor??

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 3:48pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

When I saw the title of this thread, I started cracking up because it reminds me of the YouTube video that my kids watch over and over and over again. It's called "Muffins" and it's a guy dressed like woman spoofing on.......well just watch it icon_smile.gif

It's weird but somewhat addictive and I find myself watching it when I need a laugh.....

Here is thelink:

my husband loves that video, have you watched 'shoes'? And tell your kids to check out charlie the unicorn icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 2:59pm
post #13 of 13

i can't get the you tube video to open. i'll have to have dh look and see if he can get it to work.

i just thought of a story about my mother in law. i love her, don't get me wrong. however, she is totally full of crap sometimes and i think some of the bs that comes out of her mouth she actually believes. once when we were first dating we were out to eat at a mexican restaurant in town and my now DH's humongo burrito arrived with a pretty slice of avacado on the top. she reaches across the table with her fork and says "that's real mango". WTH?? i said, "uhh, that's avacado" and she looked totally shocked and says "well we always called that mango growing up". so of course i can't leave it alone and say "well, what did ya call avacados?"

we always say that now when she says some BS story. right now she's carrying a navy blue purse that she insists is black. my sister in law and i tried to convince her for about a minute before finally giving up (we compared it to blue and black things etc.). we chalked it up to "real mango".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%