Edible Metallic Paint

Decorating By eiyapet Updated 14 Aug 2008 , 4:15pm by Nicolle711

eiyapet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eiyapet Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:31am
post #1 of 8

I keep seeing edible metallic paints being used in cake challenges and on ace of Cakes. I can find them from stores in the UK, but they cannot be shipped overseas. Anyone know where to get them in the US? I know about the luster dust and vodka, but the paint i am talking about comes pre-made and is much richer looking.

7 replies
pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 5:08am
post #2 of 8

i buy the airbrush paint and airbrush anything that i need silver...

i sometimes paint it in grey first/or dye the fondant grey... and then airbrush the silver on that...

and if i am doing gold i do a yellow base and then airbrush the gold...

if you want me to get them for you and then ship them to you i will...

they are $15 for a big bottle ( i thnk around 12 oz)
and then i will ship it to you... the place where i buy doesnt ship.. let me know bc i am going there probably tomorrow or thursday!

eiyapet Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks pinklesley, but I already have the metallic airbrish colors. The stuff I am talking about is made by a company called squire's kitchen.

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:50pm
post #4 of 8

Ok.
I can check for you

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:55pm
post #5 of 8

i just posted about these yesterday, but i just purchased a gold glaze and a silver glaze that is ready to go straight out of the bottle. it's made by bakery crafts.

eiyapet Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 2:12am
post #6 of 8

Thanks mixinvixen! Exactly what I was looking for!

Nicolle711 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nicolle711 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 4:08pm
post #7 of 8

Not sure if you were aware but bakery craft is a wholesaler and does not sell unless you own a business. If you don't own a business you can also go to SugarCraft, they also sell this product online. Good Luck!

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/misc/food.htm

thumbs_up.gif

p.s. for some reason the link is "blocked", enter "sugarcraft.com" where it is blocked to get the link.

ahhh! I don't know why the name is being blocked so I will just pm you the link, lol!

Nicolle711 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nicolle711 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 4:15pm
post #8 of 8

never mind for some reason even in pm I cannot sent you the link. If you would like the web address feel free to pm your e-mail address and I will e-mail it to you... icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%