3D M&m Cake

Decorating By jibbies Updated 13 Aug 2008 , 1:17pm by jibbies

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:11am
post #1 of 6

I wamt to make my husband a 3D M&M cake for his birthday next Tuesday. It's just for us so it doesn't have to be big he like the red one. Any suggestions or tips
Thanks

Jibbies

5 replies
sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:14am
post #2 of 6

Maybe take a look at the pics and see how some folks do those pillows/cushions and do the same sort of thing just plain round?

That would make it more realistic looking than just plain round. I am sure the cushion-makers have some great tips.

Sounds like a fun cake!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:23am
post #3 of 6
Monna7122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monna7122 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:32am
post #4 of 6

I was just searching M&Ms myself. My sister loves the green chic and I was trying to get ideas for her Birthday in October. We have 6 back to back birthdays going on in Sept and Oct, so I didnt want it too big. Great topic Jibbies! thumbs_up.gif

jibbies Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:14pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the input girls and the link, diamondsonblackvelvet. I think I have come up with my cake. I had checked the galleries before and I was trying to figure out how they were made.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_880833.html
I really like this one and I scrolled down and she explained how she did it, she did an absolutly fabulous job on the feet and hands. I'll post mine after I make it
Thanks for the help.

Jibbies

jibbies Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:17pm
post #6 of 6

I just looked at my OP and I am so embarrassed about the misspelled words icon_redface.gificon_mad.gif
Sorry all.

Jibbies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%