Buttercream Transfer Falling Apart!

Decorating By jessieb578 Updated 14 Aug 2008 , 6:45pm by abslu

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 7

Ok, so I took pretty much an hour to do a bct of Dora and Diego, after taking it out of the freezer ( I'm guessing to early) some of the lines are coming up! If I put it back in the refrigerator with the parchment still on it, will it all "gel" up together and then I can take the parchment off with better luck?

6 replies
LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:29pm
post #2 of 7

You need to put it back in the freezer and yes it will all freeze back together. But you have to be quick about getting it on the cake. I put mine on a baking sheet in the freezer so I lessen the amount of time my warm hands touch the BCT while Iâm carrying it from freezer to cake. The more you touch it and mess with it the more it thaws and the more issues youâll have. I have NEVER had a BCT come off smoothly. I always have to go back and re-pipe something that got stuck to the wax paper.

abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 7

I never have a problem with mine coming off. I use Buttercream Dream and I do my transfers on waxed paper. . . . sometimes I crisco the waxed paper before starting, but not always. I usually do mine on a cutting board or something I can put in the freezer. I like to freeze mine overnight, then I place the transfer onto my cake (already frosted and ready) then once it's placed, then i peel off the waxed paper! Good luck!!

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:44pm
post #4 of 7

Can you apply a BC transfer to fondant? icon_confused.gif I am just wondering if that might be an option for a cake I am planning.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:54pm
post #5 of 7

i have yet to try the BCT- but im looking forward to it soon.
my question is - what is buttercream dream?

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 1:56am
post #6 of 7

The recipe I use for cake decorating doesn't have butter but for the transfers I had about a 1/2 stick to my regular frosting. I tape down my pattern on to a cake board, then I put wax paper over that and do the transfer. Then I add another piece of wax paper on top of the transfer and smooth it down and place in freezer.

When I take it from freezer I untape the pattern and take off the top wax paper which is your bottom down on cake and flip it onto the cake then peel off the top wax paper which was previously the bottom. This helps to hold everything together. If any lines pull off just redo them. Hope I made this clear.

It's so hard to explain sometimes via email.

abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 6:45pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aundrea

i have yet to try the BCT- but im looking forward to it soon.
my question is - what is buttercream dream?

Buttercream Dream is my favorite buttercream recipe. I use it for everything. If you do a search for it, you'll find it. It's YUMMY!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%