I Am So Excited I Have To Tell Everyone!!!!

Lounge By alracntna Updated 25 Aug 2008 , 2:21am by mrsscholler

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 9:36pm
post #1 of 25

i have been trying and trying to lose weight after having my children. well i finally found something that works!!! i have drooped almost 30lbs and and 4 pant sizes as of today. i started out as a 22 pant and i slipped on a size 16 today!!!!

24 replies
dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 9:38pm
post #2 of 25

. . . congrats . . . but no fair not sharing your method . . . icon_lol.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 9:41pm
post #3 of 25

wow, what a great accomplishment!! I can just imagine your excitement!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 25

Woo hoo!! Congrats!

alracntna Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 10:59pm
post #5 of 25

well i stopped drinking beer, and sodas. i stopped eating after 6pm and my DH and i have sex all the time!!! it is the best form of exercise out there and its fun! icon_smile.gif good luck to all you ladies who are ready to start losing!!!

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 2:50am
post #6 of 25

I am with you on the soda. When I stopped drinking it (I got rid of high fructose corn syrup from my diet period, actually) I lost 15 lbs without trying.
I can only have one at a friend's house now as a treat every few months, and very occasionally in a mixed drink. HFCS is in so much, and adds too many calories for the not so great taste payoff in the end.

Beer is a killer too. Good for you!

Wish I could do step 4, icon_wink.gif but the hubby is gone 6 days a week til next June! Boo!

Glad you found what works for you, I think that is the trick to it. Yay!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 3:26am
post #7 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by alracntna

well i stopped drinking beer, and sodas. i stopped eating after 6pm and my DH and i have sex all the time!!! it is the best form of exercise out there and its fun! icon_smile.gif good luck to all you ladies who are ready to start losing!!!

You forgot FREE! It's fun, free, and currently, my only form of exercise. TMI? icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 3:50am
post #8 of 25

Now hold on! Don't let my DH know about this because then he'll want to do it all the time! icon_wink.gif Unfortunately as stated before this too is my only form of exercise. My health condition doesn't allow me to exercise. I have extreme arm and leg weakness. Everytime I try to even walk around the block my legs quit working on me. I was on the right track earlier in the year before my health problems started and was losing all kinds of weight. Now that I can't do much in the way of exercise not only have I quit losing weight, I've gained. icon_cry.gif UGHH!!! Well good luck to all of you with the weight loss!

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 3:50am
post #9 of 25

oops double post!

alracntna Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 4:42am
post #10 of 25

did i mention that my DH dropped 3 pant sizes and has lost 30lbs too? and he still drinks soda and eats when he wants lol icon_wink.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 8:14am
post #11 of 25

Good for you, alracntna, (and your DH). icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 11:23am
post #12 of 25

Uh, Oh, this will never work for me! I don't drink beer, well, very seldom. I only drink diet sodas, and I don't have a DH/partner for the third requirement. Guess I'll just have to stay the way I am!

Sounds like a good plan though! Have fun with it!

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 6:58pm
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by alracntna

did i mention that my DH dropped 3 pant sizes and has lost 30lbs too? and he still drinks soda and eats when he wants lol icon_wink.gif

Oh dont you just wnat to hurt him for that? I have been on my diet for a little over 2 months and have lost 10lbs, walking 5 miles a day, eating right etc etc. My boyfriend stops drinking cokes and walks with me 2 times a week, sometimes 3 times a week. and has lost like 15 without trying. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?!?!?!? I mean come on! icon_smile.gif Its like my body says "no, you cannot lose this weight, you are 22 and must make babies, we need the weight for the babies" I cant seem to make it understand...there will be no babies! lol

Congrats on the weight loss! You are doing a wonderful job!

Alicia

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 7:29pm
post #14 of 25

My dh can drop weight ridiculousle easy, too. I swear, all he has to do is skip lunch a couple of times a week and he loses 15 pounds! It's sickening!

Good for you on the weight loss. It must feel great.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 7:35pm
post #15 of 25

Good for you!! I myself know how hard it is to lose weight as a lifetime member of Weightwatchers!!

alracntna Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 8:38pm
post #16 of 25

thank you for all the congrats! i know we can all do it! don't let your men make you feel bad just cause it seems easy for them. they have other problems that most of us don't have. balding, wild nose and ear hair, things sometimes not working when we want it too. j/k good luck to all and i will keep yall up dated on my progress!!

athompson0525 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
athompson0525 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:32am
post #17 of 25

Congrats.

My plan is to start using the wii fit. Since using it my husband has lost a pound and I found it + some. (we've only had it a couple of weeks)

alracntna Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:35am
post #18 of 25

good luck!!

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:44am
post #19 of 25

That is a great accomplishment. I also know how hard it is to lose weight. Keep up the good workout thumbs_up.gif

seasonsmoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seasonsmoke Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 1:54am
post #20 of 25

That is great news. I'm happy for you. 30lbs is a lot. I got excited this morning when I found out I lost 4lbs.

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:27am
post #21 of 25

wow..congratulations! ive dropped 10lbs. sincce joining curves but with an eye on the diet not too strict though, but i am actively looking fo r away to speed things up...you are right about dh's they are absolutely the pits...my dh is thin thin thin AND he eats 8 squares of fruit and nut choclate before bed EVERY night....wahhh!!! lol.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 4:17am
post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson0525

Congrats.

My plan is to start using the wii fit. Since using it my husband has lost a pound and I found it + some. (we've only had it a couple of weeks)

We just got one yesterday and I'm hoping that it will help me a little. The kids think it's great so even if I don't stick with it they'll have something to do when it's cold out and they can't go play. icon_lol.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 4:40am
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliwis000

Oh dont you just wnat to hurt him for that? I have been on my diet for a little over 2 months and have lost 10lbs, walking 5 miles a day, eating right etc etc. My boyfriend stops drinking cokes and walks with me 2 times a week, sometimes 3 times a week. and has lost like 15 without trying. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?!?!?!?

Men have more/bigger muscles. Muscle burn fat. They will always lose more/faster than women. icon_sad.gif

krystyne_wilson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krystyne_wilson Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 11:06pm
post #24 of 25

I've found that keeping a food journal helps me to keep an eye on what I'm eating. It's also VERY important to hydrate ie. DRINK WATER and LOTS LOTS LOTS of it. Most of the time we confuse thirst for hunger and find out that if we drink something that it goes away. Drinking water before eating (or a brothy soup) can also help to fill you up. Also, don't wait until you're thirsty to drink water, you should be continually drinking throughout the day. I try to drink 4 liters daily (about 1/2 a gallon) Sounds like a lot but how many 32oz (or larger for some folks) fountain cokes, pepsi whatever are you drinking? PLUS Diet Soda can help you to ween yourself off of sodas but the goal should be to quit or SERIOUSLY cut back pop altogehter...I mean SERIOUSLY...if it has no sugar, no carbs no calories or anything, what makes it brown and taste good?!?! There's something in there and I bet it's not good for you! Walking is a great way to try an lose weight and you can get your steps in all over the place, like parking further away, taking stairs etc...and for those of you who cannot do that clapping your hands over your head a couple hundred times is actually REALLY good exercise (they made us do that in Basic a LOT!) The whole idea is more calories out and less calories in which is easier said than done for most of us (I know, I just came back from 18 days in the states and gained 6# b/c I wasn't active while I was home) Anyhow just a few extra tips for those of you who want 'em

*steps off of soap box*

mrsscholler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsscholler Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 2:21am
post #25 of 25

congrats on the weight loss thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%