Instructions For 3-D Pumpkin Pan?

Decorating By Swede-cakes Updated 18 Sep 2008 , 12:34pm by Swede-cakes

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:44pm
post #1 of 8

I picked up one of these two-pc sets with the clips from a lady yesterday, but she didn't have the orig box or instructions. It's gonna make such a cute cake!

I checked on Wilton, but it's not listed.

Does anyone have instructions for it? Also anyone know how many servings it yields?

Thanks!
~Kristen

7 replies
jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 2:06pm
post #2 of 8

Is it the old pan that can be made to look like a jack-o-lantern?
If so, grease and flour both sides, fill the front with cake batter, the 3-d pans usually recommend pound cake but I have always used regular mixes. place the back on and clip around evenly on both sides. lay the pan face down on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 45-60 min. there should be a vent hole on the back you can put a toothpick in there to test. let cool for 15 min lift back off let cool for another 15 min place back on and turn over and remove front let cool. you will probably have to trim around to get it to stand up .
Have fun and post pictures

Jibbies

Swede-cakes Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 2:12pm
post #3 of 8

Thank you, Jibbies, for your lightning fast answer!

Do you happen to know how many this cake serves?

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 8

It serves 12. Most of the older 3-D pans serve that many. Do you have any of the older yearbooks? If you have the 1996 book on page 52 is a really cute scarecrow made out of that pan. If you don't have it pm me and i will send you a picture.
Glad to be of help.

Jibbies

rudoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rudoo Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 9:47am
post #5 of 8

Hi, I also just got one of those pans. I contacted Wilton to ask about getting the clips for it. They said they don't have them. They said to use string or the black clips from office supply. Has anyone tried them? They won't melt? Thanks, Jonna

Swede-cakes Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:07pm
post #6 of 8

Jonna, I think the lady @ Wilton must mean the little black binder clips, which are all metal. They shouldn't melt, they'll get real HOT though! icon_eek.gif

I haven't tried my pan yet, I was actually going to do it today with the kids home from school. I'll use the pan clips, but I'll substitute a binder clip for one of them and I'll tell you how that goes as far as how the heat affects the binder clip.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:12pm
post #7 of 8

Some places sell the actual wilton clips but I am at a loss as to exactly where ...but I have seen them!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%