Cookie Cutter?

Decorating By Cassie6140 Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 8:15am by gales

Cassie6140 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cassie6140 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 12:31am
post #1 of 4

I am looking for an English Embroidery Cutter. I don't understand why it is called that because the name doesn't resemble what the cutter looks like. The cutter is round and there is a "ruffly" round inside the outer round. Do you understand what I'm trying to describe? I'm not sure I would. Anyway, I did a search to include GSA and I can't locate one. When you cut the fondant, the edges are ruffled. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thanks, Cassie

3 replies
gales Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gales Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 4

What you seem to be describing, and I may be way off track, if so, I apologise, is a garret frill or garret friller. They come in two types, a round one with three seperate inserts to make the frill of different depths. or a straight one that allows you to cut the frill to the length you want (not just the circumference of the circle. Hope you find what you are looking for

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 4

Ty Gales, I googled garret frill to see what they look like and I found a neat lil tutorial on frills. Here is the link, its from

I love tutorials and will share all I can find.

Chippi icon_smile.gif

gales Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gales Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 8:15am
post #4 of 4

Nice to hear from you, don't know if my into helped the person who made the original enquiry, but glad you found it of use. Have put your site in my favourites to watch later. Thanks again, your cakes are lovely by the way - had a quick glance, need to find time to sit down and make comments later. Happy baking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%