I Can't Beleive Some People

Decorating By Chefperl Updated 21 Aug 2008 , 1:02pm by Jovy

Chefperl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefperl Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 7:10pm
post #1 of 22

I got a call form a customer and she had the nerve to ask if i can make her my famous brownies "not so pretty" so they look like she made them.
HELLO!!!! what is wrong with people.

21 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 22

Wow....

I'd charge her more since you would have to work harder to make them 'ugly' icon_wink.gif

MeMo07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeMo07 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 22

LOL! Seriously?

"No, mam, I'm sorry, I can't. Perhaps you should make your own brownies....that way they can look AND taste like you made them."

That's funny...icon_smile.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 22

LOL that is so funny! It's a comliment, though. icon_biggrin.gif

LindseyLoocy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindseyLoocy Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 12:28am
post #5 of 22

I can only imagine the expression on your face, unless you are extremely professional in your response. What was your response, I have to know! That is too funny!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 12:49am
post #6 of 22

icon_lol.gif she wants you to do all the work so she can take all the credit! icon_lol.gif

Reminds me of the toilet paper cake story!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:26am
post #7 of 22

Okay, Debi... I'll bite, what's the story??

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:37am
post #8 of 22

Someone posted a joke-story about a woman who made a cake for the church auction, but it fell and she used a roll of toilet paper as the center. A hoity toity lady at church bought it. Baker was invited to lunch as hoity toity's house and was appalled to see her cake sitting there for dessert! She was ready to tell the hoity toity lady about what happened when Miss Hoity Toity announced that dessert was served ".... and I made it myself!"

Baker just sat down and smiled.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:39am
post #9 of 22

I once thought it might be a good idea to open a small bake shop that sold things that tasted amazing, but looked, well, less than perfect/homespun, so people could pass them off as their own to guests and whatnot. I still think it could be lucrative lol

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:00am
post #10 of 22

I remember that story!!

Chefperl Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:22am
post #11 of 22

Here is what happened. This women is a passed customer of mine and she asked me to do another party for her. As we where talking i mentioned something about my famous brownies. So she asked if i can make her 5 dozen (they are mini) but if i can make them look "homemade" so she can serve them as her own.
I was shocked, but said, "anything i make/sell has to stand up to my standards" and i laughed. Well i made them anyway and brought them over, she said "these are so pretty, I guess I'll have to give you the credit.
thank you for your money and next time i will make them look ugly....NOT!!

lizamlin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizamlin Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:26am
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Quote:

I'd charge her more since you would have to work harder to make them 'ugly'

Right on! Take her money and laugh your way to the bank! Who knows?You might develop a lucrative side operation by word of mouth ONLY - maybe even a secret handshake to identify desperate wanna-bakers LOL icon_lol.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 4:09am
post #13 of 22

i do it all the time...i don't use their recipe...but they'll bring me their cake dishes in....and i'll make em a sloppy looking "home made" cake on their dish or whatever...i don't care, it's all money to me, i think it's kinda funny.

plus i save money on packaging ...the cakelady has lotsa secrets!

Chefperl Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:40pm
post #14 of 22

littlecake- you are not afraid of your name being associated with something that doesn't look nice?
I happen to only let nice looking things leave my kitchen for everything even dinner.
i know i am crazy about it.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 6:35am
post #15 of 22

no because they want it sloppy so they can "pretend" that they made it....lol...no one knows i made it.

Jasmine33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasmine33 Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 5:07pm
post #16 of 22

What a funny story!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 8:52pm
post #17 of 22

I believe Antonia74 has mentioned this about some of her cookie customers as well (make them look not so nice, don't put a business sticker on the back, etc.) so that they could pass them off as her own. If I remember right, she said the same thing as littlecake...money is money! icon_smile.gif

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 10:50pm
post #18 of 22

I remember that story Debi!

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 4:21am
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

I believe Antonia74 has mentioned this about some of her cookie customers as well (make them look not so nice, don't put a business sticker on the back, etc.) so that they could pass them off as her own. If I remember right, she said the same thing as littlecake...money is money! icon_smile.gif

OMG that's true! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I didn't care, I do them anyway. Same price, no glory. icon_razz.gif

One I remember well was a woman whose boyfriend requested that she make him soccerball cookies for his birthday...that's all he wanted. She called me and asked me to make her "rough-looking amateur" iced soccerball cookies and I did, haha! Wasn't that hard really, soccerballs are pretty hard anyway!

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 4:25am
post #20 of 22

Wait, I found the old thread about it! Read some of these members' stories, they are HILARIOUS about customers trying to pass their baked goods off as their own work, hahahaha!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=56579&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=pass&&start=0

icon_rolleyes.gif

mrsscholler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsscholler Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 4:36am
post #21 of 22

thats awful I cant believe that eithersome people will never learn to be tactful. maybe she should do the work and then she will truly understand what we do. Craziness

Jovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jovy Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:02pm
post #22 of 22

ha..ha..ha.. I can not believe it...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%