Thinking About Buying The Sugarshack Video

Decorating By tktexasgirl Updated 31 Aug 2008 , 10:31am by Gatorfan01

Taigen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taigen Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 6:47pm
post #31 of 53

I have all 3 and think they are wonderful!! Sharon gives such great instructions on them. She is also so nice to deal with and very quick to answer any question you may have.
I highly recommend getting them.

spunkybear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spunkybear Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 7:09pm
post #32 of 53

Ok....I am terrified of the rath of bad karma and then I will end up with bumpy, bulging, unintentionally crooked and sliding cakes so I will have to live this deep dark secret.
What I will safely say is that they are highly sought after subjects on "how do they do that" and I am quite sure that Sharon will make it look like a piece of cake! I know I will be getting them too!

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 8:36pm
post #33 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkybear

Wow...I feel like a kid on the playground with a big secret!!!! tapedshut.gif 'Cause I know what they are! icon_twisted.gif Only because I had a wonderful conversation with her at ICES icon_biggrin.gif . My "crooked" little mind won't let me be the one to spill, so I will let Sharon spread her news when she is ready.

Oh...Oh...Oh...I know...I know! icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

spunkybear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spunkybear Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 9:17pm
post #34 of 53

Ok...I promised Sharon mums the word so I have sealed my lips with no other than HER yummy "crusting" buttercream!! tapedshut.gif
Think of it as a Christmas gift we will all be able to open together!

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 9:36pm
post #35 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshack

I do! icon_biggrin.gif

Well, that's a relief Sharon. lol detective.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 9:43pm
post #36 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by luelue1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshack

I do! icon_biggrin.gif

Well, that's a relief Sharon. lol detective.gif

tee hee

we will be announcing it soon; have to iron out a few details first

details details.... icon_mad.gif

luelue1971 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 9:46pm
post #37 of 53

Can't wait

tktexasgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tktexasgirl Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 10:47am
post #38 of 53

Thanks guys for all the reviews, it sounds like I am purchasing the videos. I can't wait to get them!!!

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 2:46am
post #39 of 53

I'll confess, I've been debating buying the DVD's for a while, but just never got around to it. I got really burned out on doing cake when I had drama at home, and hadn't done one since... November??

So I made my own wedding cake in the middle of July and rediscovered the joy of decorating, and finally ordered the DVD's after everyone in this thread raved about them icon_smile.gif

sugarshack Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 7:13pm
post #40 of 53

That is great Cinder! So glad you are coming back to caking!

And thank you all once again.

Gatorfan01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gatorfan01 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 12:40pm
post #41 of 53

Which DVD do you recommend as the first purchase? I'm currently unemployed icon_lol.gif (no I didn't loose my job due to being on CC all day but I was on CC all day icon_surprised.gif ) and I have to be conservative with my cake supply purchases.

I really want to get into fondant more but feel I need a good foundation before I lay my fondant.

Decisions, decisions icon_mad.gif

wjmonte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wjmonte Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:44pm
post #42 of 53

Gatorfan01
if you want to get into fondant more then you can go striaght to that video, sharon teaches you how to prep your cakes for fondant, trimming sides, icing it etc.
BUT it you want to perfect your BC cakes then move on to fondant, get the BC dvd first.

HTHS

luelue1971 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:46pm
post #43 of 53

I don't think you can go wrong no matter which one you start with.

DollyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DollyCakes Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:22pm
post #44 of 53

They are so worth it! We only have the smoothing video, but it's invaluable. Our cakes are looking so much better with her methods and bc recipe.

sugarshack Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 6:50am
post #45 of 53

Thanks to you all.

luelue1971 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 11:48am
post #46 of 53

I did a cake a couple of weekends ago and decided to go back to my other bc recipe. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE.

lol

srodts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srodts Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:34pm
post #47 of 53

I now have all 3 DVD's and love them all. My cakes never looked better and they dont take me 4 hours to smooth!!!! Thanks Sharon, I just love you!! even though I still hate square cakes cuz my corners fall EVERY time I hope to someday be able to get them square!!
Well worth any money

tktexasgirl Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 4:27pm
post #48 of 53

YEA!!! I just got some extra money and was able to buy the buttercream video. After hearing all the reviews and testimonies I will be purchasing all of them, just have to take baby steps. Thank yall so much and to Sharon, I am so excited to learn your techinque.
God Bless.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 10:39pm
post #49 of 53

hi sharon!
im placing my order now!!! cant wait to get the dvd's!

ok! done!!! i ordered (i think) everything on the site.
im excited-

julesn20716 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesn20716 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 10:51pm
post #50 of 53

I bought the fondant one a few days ago after reading this thread. Hopefully it will arrive soon!

tktexasgirl Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 7:36pm
post #51 of 53

I just got my videos!!! I have watched them I can't wait to try her technique. She is sooooo great at explaining things and doesn't move to fast. Thank you so much sharon and God Bless you.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 4:46am
post #52 of 53

wow! talk about speedy delivery! i just got everything today. im pleased to say everything i ordered arrived, no back orders!
unfortunatley, (haha) im leaving for vacation tomorrow for two weeks and wont be able to watch them until i get back.
so i have something to look forward too, because coming home from vacation is depressing!
thanks again sharon!
btw- nice picutres on the covers!

Gatorfan01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gatorfan01 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 10:31am
post #53 of 53

What I loved most about the DVD I ordered (I got the fondant one) is that she makes it look so easy! I was watching her and thinking "so that's how they do it!"

Great videos, great teacher and great investment! Will be ordering the others as soon as I can.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%