Dragees-Am I Missing Something?!

Decorating By tjsmommy Updated 17 Sep 2008 , 5:10pm by ceshell

dee-lite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dee-lite Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:42am
post #31 of 40

OK does eating/using these little gems make us Dragee Queens? Just askin....

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:50am
post #32 of 40

Of course icon_lol.gif

Jibbies

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:52am
post #33 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-lite

OK does eating/using these little gems make us Dragee Queens? Just askin....

Too funny icon_lol.gif You made my day with that one.

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 2:54am
post #34 of 40

Just found them in another CA store...they can't be all that illegal. icon_biggrin.gif

There's that hottie Kenny Chesney again!!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:03am
post #35 of 40

There have been numerous articles on heavy metal poisoning and colloidal silver, which have then triggered debates on how much metal can be ingested before it becomes toxic.

I can't remember which came first, but right around the same time, there was a news article about a guy who turned blue from ingesting colloidal silver. Perhaps that's what triggered the ban in CA.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:21am
post #36 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMakar

There's that hottie Kenny Chesney again!!

Just doing what I can! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Tootall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tootall Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 4:15pm
post #37 of 40

Haha, yeah, the smurf man! That's just nuts!! But he was self medicating with the stuff, and I'm sure he wasn't taking a few teaspoons of dragees every day icon_lol.gif I can't imagine how much it would take to turn yourself BLUE!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 5:59am
post #38 of 40

LOL they are not illegal here anyway, that link about the environmental lawyer was a good one, I used to always refer to it to help explain the problem we have. But check this one out from the LA Times, it really is a great explanation of the issue http://articles.latimes.com/2005/dec/18/magazine/tm-dragee51

I do get annoyed when people's websites state they won't sell 'em here in CA because it's "illegal." No it's not illegal, you just won't sell 'em to me because you're chicken! Buck-buck-buck-buckaw!! LOL, just kidding, seriously they'd get nailed. I know he's just trying to protect consumers *shrug* but I think requiring labeling such as "WARNING, this product contains Silver Metal which has been shown to..." etc. might have sufficed.

Ah, the smurf man, I remember that one too!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 5:07pm
post #39 of 40

lol, okay this is a bit extreme! Taken from the article regarding dragees:

"I think it's a catastrophe. I think Christmas is going to have to come to an end. How can we decorate cookies without those silver balls?'' said a pastry chef at the Union Square restaurant Farallon.

ok, I understand these are cute and all but are they really that big of a deal? I was always afraid to eat them since I figured I would shatter a tooth anyway. They look amazing on the quilt cakes and such but, lol, I don't think my Christmas will be ruined without them!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 5:10pm
post #40 of 40

Maybe someone should send the guy a link to the cookie gallery here at CC. Um... "How can we decorate cookies without those silver balls?" C'mere, let me show you how... thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%