Oatmeal Cream Pie Cake?

Baking By dennishaskins Updated 9 Aug 2008 , 12:48pm by dennishaskins

dennishaskins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dennishaskins Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 4

i have a wedding cake to do at the end of the month and the bride requested a cake that tastes like an oatmeal cream pie. the icing i normally use is very light and fluffy and i think paired with the right cake would taste very much like the filling of an oatmeal cream pie. i was just wondering if anyone had a cake recipe for a molasses oatmeal cake or a cake that they found tastes like the cake part of an oatmeal cream pie?

3 replies
Staceface81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staceface81 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:13pm
post #2 of 4

I love oatmeal cake and I just have to say that the thought of an Oatmeal Cream Pie cake makes my mouth water. icon_smile.gif YUMMO!!!!!!!!!! What a great idea. I have seen many oatmeal cake recipes in cookbooks, but they mostly call for a bundt pan or a 9x13. Check out this recipe. If I was you, I'd try baking it in round pans first, as a trial run to see if it works.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grandma-Snyders-Oatmeal-Cake/Detail.aspx

Mandica12182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandica12182 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:14pm
post #3 of 4

I have an oatmeal cake recipe...it's okay reminds me of a muffin...I am sure you could alter it around a little though and maybe add molasses to get it to a similar flavor...I'll post it here when I go home today, I am at work right now.

dennishaskins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dennishaskins Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 12:48pm
post #4 of 4

after i wrote this i had an epiphany and sat down and wrote a recipe, i attempted making it the next day, and wouldnt you believe it i came about as close to an oatmeal cream pie as cake could be. thank you so much for your help though!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%