Need Idea For A Western Theme Cupcake Tower

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 5 Aug 2008 , 12:44pm by Molly2

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 1:22am
post #1 of 7

I have been asked to make a Western Theme Cupcake tower does anyone have any ideas or pictures

Molly2

6 replies
Molly2 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 3:00am
post #2 of 7

anybody?
Molly icon_sad.gif

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 3:12am
post #3 of 7

Did you do a search in the galleries with western themed words? I was thinking, cowboy hats, rope coils, bandanas, spurs, cactus' made out of fondant or piped on the cupcakes and the stand maybe wrapped with rope or bandanas. Hope this helps get your ceative juices flowing.

Jibbies

feliciangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feliciangel Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 3:19am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibbies

Did you do a search in the galleries with western themed words? I was thinking, cowboy hats, rope coils, bandanas, spurs, cactus' made out of fondant or piped on the cupcakes and the stand maybe wrapped with rope or bandanas. Hope this helps get your ceative juices flowing.

Jibbies

You took the ideas right out of my head huh ??icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I guess great minds

The only I would add is to use braided cording to look like rope

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 3:27am
post #5 of 7

i made a cowboy hat grooms cake, and i hot glued a fabric "rope" border around the cake base, it looked great. so...i like the idea of using that around each tier of your cupcake stand.

i've piped cactus and chili peppers with bc on cupcakes. you can find mini boot cookie cutters that are great for cutting pieces of fondant ahead of time (allow a couple of days for it to harden so it can stand propped up in the bc).

black or silver barbed wire- out of fondant , royal or bc. painted w/ silver luster dust.

my favorite thought is just as simple as using the rope border. i think you could even leave the cupcakes plain, using a nice big swirl with the 1M tip, as long as your cupcake tower had just the right touch.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 3:29am
post #6 of 7

forgot to expand on the bc cactus... i used an open star tip and did an L shape, then one on the opposite side, then a line down the center to connect it all. you can use those chocolate jimmy sprinkles for the spikes or just use a small tip 0 or 1 (round) to pipe them with black or brown bc. so simple.

Molly2 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 12:44pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you all so much I think I have an idea I love to rope and cactus idea and the use of the cookie cutters thank you everyone

Molly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%