Something To Think About!

Decorating By MeMo07 Updated 6 Aug 2008 , 2:18am by varika

MeMo07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeMo07 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 9:55pm
post #1 of 8

Just watch this....it had me in a bit of shock when I first saw it- because the first thing I would do if something was on fire in my kitchen would be throw water directly on it- I am SO SO glad I watched it.

7 replies
danijus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danijus Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 8

OMG. That poor woman. Thanks for the video.

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 10:18pm
post #3 of 8

I was thinking the same thing. That poor woman must have gone through so much.

Thank you for the video.

-Debbie B.

MeMo07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeMo07 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 10:19pm
post #4 of 8

I meant to post this in the genral forum....but it goes well here too.....everyone should know this icon_smile.gif

I feel silly for not knowing it before.

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 8

My family skips the wetting-a-towel thing. We turn off the heat and drop the lid on the pan. You can also throw baking soda on it. The point being to smother the fire.

I got that one down very young; my father was a volunteer firefighter at Dupont when he worked there.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 8:18pm
post #6 of 8

Or toss it in the oven. I can't watch the video (I'm at work and it's blocked) but don't spray a fire extinguisher directly on it either. It will spread any grease fire. You spray above it and let it drip down.

We had a grease fire once and my dad grabbed it and ran outside with it. 2nd and 3rd degree burns. At the same time, I'm following with the salt and my mom with the fire extinguisher. Only later, did we find out that the fire extinguisher would've made matters worse.

athompson0525 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
athompson0525 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 1:46am
post #7 of 8

Salt works too. I keep a fire ext. right next to my stove. But then I pratically grew up in a fire house.

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 2:18am
post #8 of 8

Another note is to make sure that your fire extinguisher is rated for kitchen use. Not all of them are!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%