How To Make An Eggless Cake?

Business By cricket0720 Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 7:32pm by Cakery

cricket0720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0720 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 6

A friend of mind is allergic to eggs and her husband would like for her to be able to eat a cake on her birthday.

Thanks for the help,
Helen icon_smile.gif

5 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 6

you can check the recipe section for eggless recipes.

If you pm me I can send you a yummy chocolate cake recipe (milkless, eggless) that my family has used for years.

jackie

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 6

You can use this product in your regular recipes:

http://www.ener-g.com/store/detail.aspx?section=8&cat=8&id=97

Alot cheaper than buying eggs also. I do not notice a difference in how the cake bakes. It can be found at most Whole Foods (and probably health food stores)

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 6

Check out vegan cake recipes. I lost the one I had, but basically you use extra oil instead of eggs. I used espresso instead of water and it was really good.

GatorJen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GatorJen Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 6

My son is also allergic to eggs. I've had better luck substituting either sour cream or yogurt into a recipe than using Egg Replacer. I generally use one large (cupcake/ muffin sized) scoop of sour cream per egg. This method does not work if you try it in a boxed mix. Also, don't forget that you can't use any meringue powder or color flow mix. I've heard that using dream whip instead does the trick, but I have yet to experiement with it. I just make butter cream sans meringue.

Cakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakery Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 6

As snowshoe shared....I bought a box of the Ener-G egg replacement powder from my health food store.....believe me...it baked so nice and I used a cake mix. I have a customer who has a little girl who can't have eggs...and I had tried a number of different things...tofu, to applesauce, all kinds of things....and this Ener-G egg replacement has worked really well.

In fact....I have an eggless wedding cake to make this weekend...and plan to use the Ener-G powder.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%