Eureka!!!realistic Edible Diamonds....finally Found Them

Decorating By fondantfrenzy Updated 28 Jul 2008 , 10:01am by jess85

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 5:42am
post #1 of 10

Hello all,

I finally found EDIBLE Diamonds..>WAHOOOOOO, however they are all the way in the UK. Its 14.99 in Euros for 168 diamonds...not bad, but I am sure you will end up paying up the wazooooo for shipping!!!!!

http://www.squires-shop.com/ibf/index.php?p=product&id=3955&parent=196

9 replies
LindseyLoocy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindseyLoocy Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 5:48am
post #2 of 10

That's absolutely amazing, too bad it's in the UK icon_eek.gif

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 5:58am
post #3 of 10

save

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 6:11am
post #4 of 10

It says they only charge by the weight, so it might not be too bad for little "diamonds".

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 6:19am
post #5 of 10

$29.77 for 168 1cm edible jewels doesn't seem like a good deal...

I'd be hesitant to order them in the U.S. during warm seasons....they do look better packaged than most and looking at the images of them they seem of a higher quality as well....but still...unless they could assure that they would tolerate the heat on their journey from the U.K. I'd be looking to see if there was a U.S. supplier for them

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 6:19am
post #6 of 10

I purchased those quite a while back... they look really lovely on a cake.

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 6:28am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

I purchased those quite a while back... they look really lovely on a cake.

So would you say it is worth it, if you really needed them? Also did you buy them overseas?

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 6:36am
post #8 of 10

Ok, here's a site located in Chicago. They don't have online ordering but says you can call & they'll help you out. If you do, let us know the pricing.

http://www.cakewalkchicago.com/cakeclub.html

Don't understand this one. Don't know if it's a mold or the gems. If it's a mold that would be sweet b/c you could make them over & over w/ hard candy!!!!

http://www.cakesbysam.com/store/cart.php?target=product&product_id=22180&category_id=266

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 6:41am
post #9 of 10

I live 'overseas', so shipping was relatively inexpensive. I live within the EU, so customs was not a problem.

If you are going to order anyway, order a great big bunch. The cost difference in shipping is minimal, and you will probably be able to use all the jewels, once people see them on the cakes. Or get with another decorator and share an order.

jess85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jess85 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 10:01am
post #10 of 10

squires have pretty reasonable shipping rates plus they are ade from isolmalt which doesnt absorb moisture and go sticky like normal sugar. so ordering summer or winter should'nt make a difference

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%