New Here

Decorating By easternshores Updated 29 Jul 2008 , 8:19pm by sugarfly

easternshores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
easternshores Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 17

Hi all, I am new here and just started making my own cakes a few years ago. I have only made a few but really like doing it. My question is, if I uplaod my photos, am I going to get a hard time because mine are NO WHERE near as good as these on here or will I get constructive criticism? THanks.

16 replies
pottedmeatchunks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pottedmeatchunks Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 17

Of course no one is going to give you a hard time!! People go to the cake central photo galleries for idea inspiration, not to ooh and ahh at everyone's perfectionism. Well atleast that's why I go there... icon_biggrin.gif We just appreciate your willingness to share your ideas and creativity with us!

Most people are not so bold as to put constructive criticism in photo comments, but if you do want some, post here asking for people's feedback and they will give it to you icon_smile.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 17

No one will give you a hard time...

I took a little look at the photos you've uploaded already and they're adorable! I loved the detail, the feet on the bathtub and the H and C on the faucets.

Anyhow...welcome, and you'll love it here!!!

lepaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lepaz Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 17

Welcome!!! No hard time here! Contructive criticism only when you want it, and they are very nice about it and will offer you tips to try.
Enjoy~

easternshores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
easternshores Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 7:36pm
post #5 of 17

Thanks. I do not mind constructive criticism. That is one of the ways you learn. If someone told me everything was perfect on my cakes I would never grow and learn new stuff.

I am going to get SO many good ideas from here...he he he, I am so excited!!!!!

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 7:44pm
post #6 of 17

Welcome to CC! We are all learning so keep posting!

Paula

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 6:59pm
post #7 of 17

I just looked at your cakes. They are all pretty darn cute. The cakes I do are certainly not like a lot of them on here, but I put 'em up anyway. Post away, everyone loves to see new stuff. There are many levels of decorators on here from very new to years of experience, and everyone is very helpful. Enjoy this site. It is great for the cake decorator in all of us.
Jeanne in Ohio

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 7:07pm
post #8 of 17

I just wanted to say welcome to Cakecentral. Everyone here is very helpful and friendly. You'll love it.

DoubleA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoubleA Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 7:40pm
post #9 of 17

I am a newbie too and most of the time CC is absolutely the greatest thing that has ever happened to cake decorators! icon_biggrin.gif The other small amount of time, I get to learn how passionate cc is when someone tells a story of someone that was mean to them or did something stupid. icon_sad.gif

I have learned that these fellow decorators stick up for each other and offer the best advice around (about EVerything) icon_lol.gif

Love ya CC'ers! icon_smile.gif

But seriously, I almost can't get away long enough to work at my day job! The warning on the front page IS true! thumbs_up.gif

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 7:59pm
post #10 of 17

Welcome to the site, it's great!!! Most of the time everyone is awesome and very helpful, but just like in everyday life you run into those "Special Few" that are just rude or down right mean. But don't worry true CC'ers are right there kicking butt....so to speak.

I have been on here for a little while now and have seen some great debates and a few battles. But in the end it all works out. Just like a family.

I have learned so much from everyone here about everything.....pricing, recipes, cake ideas, crazy customers, and just helpful hints in general. It's great.

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 9:01pm
post #11 of 17

I've lurked here for almost a year and finally posted my first pic a few days ago.
I was featured on the front page for a few minutes and got a couple of nice comments.
CC people are very friendly

icon_biggrin.gif

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 9:27pm
post #12 of 17

This is such an addicting place to be. There is so much information and help for all your decorating needs and even personal support. The criticism, when asked for, is always constructive.

There is so many people, from all over the world. Such talent.....

Welcome to CC......I love this place.

sugarfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarfly Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 9:31pm
post #13 of 17

Hey everyone. I am new here too. Trying to find my way around this place. Too many places to check out and how it all works. I,too will be posting as soon as I get some photos scanned and downloaded? You all sound so nice,I think I am going to like it here. Just bare,bear,with me. Not to great at computing. icon_cry.gif

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 9:35pm
post #14 of 17

Wow within moments of my previous post, people went and looked at my cake. And they liked it.
Thank you all.

It's like a warm hug on a crummy Monday

icon_smile.gif

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 9:36pm
post #15 of 17

Welcome to all of you! You'll find CC very supportive, educational, and addictive. Many of us (or our spouses) refer to it as Crack Central!

This is probably the most comprehensive cake/cupcake/cookie baking/decorating/business resource you'll find on the face of the earth and best of all it's FREE!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 9:46pm
post #16 of 17

Welcome, Glad ya come out of lurkdom.

Mike

sugarfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarfly Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:19pm
post #17 of 17

wow,I'm back. I said that I was bad at this and I wasn't joking. I got lost yesterday. Glad I got this link to find out where the heck I was. Thank you all for the welcoming. I am sure to learn a lot here. icon_eek.gif
PS also,my timing thingamagig is off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%