Idea For 8 Yr Old 'spa' Birthday Party???

Decorating By scooterhead Updated 25 Jul 2008 , 10:16pm by Bohnlo

scooterhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scooterhead Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 5

Was just asked to do cake or cupcakes for my niece's bday party tomorrow. She's turning 8 and having a spa party. The mom doesn't care what I show up with, but I'd like to bring something fun. The notice is really short and I'm drawing a blank for ideas! Any help??!

4 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 5

what about one of those cute barbie doll in a bathtub spa cakes???

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 10:04pm
post #3 of 5

ok that is short notice! what about blue BC roughly done icing to look like water with a top cutting cake done as a jacuzzi/spabath (icing around edge look like a wooden spa case top like water you could even pop a few blue/white balls wires to look like bubbles if you have time?) hope that helped!! good luck and post a pick so we can see what you ended up doing!

yayadesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yayadesigns Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 10:09pm
post #4 of 5

I just saw a spa birthday cake for a little girl on one of the flickr cake groups the other day..it was made to match an invitation and was really cute.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thecakespot/2497348309/

Bohnlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bohnlo Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 10:16pm
post #5 of 5

Someone here on CC posted an adorable spa cake, round with a loaf size made to look like bathtub, head of girl wrapped in towel with cucumber slices over her eyes, one foot sticking out of bubbles with toe nail polish on and tiny rubber ducky floating in tub. There was also an i-pod on floor with wires running up to ears. Was for a 10 year old girls spa b'day. Wish I could remember the name of the person, but it was an incredably cute spa birthday cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%