Internet Photo Onto A Cookie???

Baking By SueW Updated 25 Jul 2008 , 9:31pm by southerncake

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:58am
post #1 of 10

How do I do this? I have an order for ninja turtle cookies and printed a pic off the internet. How on Earth do I get it onto a cookie? I did it once with Diego and used piping gel but it was a total pain. I can't freehand to save my life icon_cry.gif Any thoughts? Thanks!

9 replies
Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 4:12am
post #2 of 10

Print it on rice paper using a printer with edible ink - that means, purchasing a printer exclusively for use with edible colors and 'never' using it with regular ink. You can purchase rice paper at your local cake supply store, some even sell them by the sheet.

lizzyanne1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizzyanne1 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 10

How do you apply it to your cookie

djrob318 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djrob318 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 10

I apply w/piping gel, BC or royal icing

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 8:45pm
post #5 of 10

You just royal ice your cookie and place the image on top of the royal. (Fatandhappy) my partner did dart and dart board cookies with edible image. Just let the icing dry, peal the back of the image and brush it lightly with water, then apply.

You can also royal your cookie first, let it dry really hard and hand draw with edible markers. You can also cut a preice of fondant and place it on a the cookie warm. Let it dry and then draw on it with edib le marker or place an edible image.

post #6 of 10

You just royal ice your cookie and place the image on top of the royal. (Fatandhappy) my partner did dart and dart board cookies with edible image. Just let the icing dry, peal the back of the image and brush it lightly with water, then apply.

You can also royal your cookie first, let it dry really hard and hand draw with edible markers. My Superman cookies. You can also cut a preice of fondant and place it on a the cookie warm. Let it dry and then draw on it with edib le marker or place an edible image.

post #7 of 10

You can also royal your cookie first, let it dry really hard and hand draw with edible markers. My Superman cookies. You can also cut a preice of fondant and place it on a the cookie warm. Let it dry and then draw on it with edib le marker or place an edible image.

lizzyanne1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizzyanne1 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 8:47pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks that was a lot of help...one more question....where do you buy the ink and can it be any kind of printer?

Suebee Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 8:52pm
post #9 of 10

Sorry, my computer here is acting up and I didn't mean to print so many times.

I bought my printer from Office Max and my inky and icing sheets from Icing Images.

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 9:31pm
post #10 of 10

I bought my printer a couple of years ago on Ebay and by my supplied from www.icingimages.com -- they have been very helpful.

If I am doing a lot of cookies, I just use a pastry brush with some sugar water to brush the cookie and then apply my image.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%