Sorry, No Catchy Title. Just Another Help ?.

Decorating By BellaSweet Updated 24 Jul 2008 , 9:30pm by bisbqueenb

BellaSweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaSweet Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 14

I have a grooms cake due in a couple of weeks. It is a car shaped pan. He got it off Ebay. So I am wondering on how to do this. When backing that type of pan you can't put parchment paper at the botton, because that is where the details are. So how do you successfully get the whole cake out in one peice without any cake sticking to the pan? Any help will be appreciated.

13 replies
Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 14

Lots of Pam spray and flour, and 'hold your mouth right' when you unmold that baby. Good luck. I hate those pans...

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 14

Grease the pan with Crisco, making sure to get in all the little detail crevices. Then dust with flour (or cocoa, if it's chocolate). thumbs_up.gif

calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 4:55pm
post #4 of 14

I use bakers joy spray with my pans. Have had no problem with them coming out.

Just make sure you get in the little corners and tight spots.

kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 4:56pm
post #5 of 14

I used either Baker's Joy or Pam baking spray (with flour added) on the Wilton car shaped pan and had no problem with my cake sticking.

Since it is more of a liquid I think it gets into the crevices better than if you grease and flour your pan by hand.

HTH

Kim

BellaSweet Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 4:56pm
post #6 of 14

Oh man guys. I am really scared of this cake. Arghhh!! How far in advance do you guys think I can do this cake? I can just frost it. I just don't think it would look right. I was thinking fondant. But I wanna make sure to keep the ridges. Oooooo. I really am nervous.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 5:00pm
post #7 of 14

I used the pan once and it came out fine. I probably just sprayed some pam or something in it.

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 5:13pm
post #8 of 14

I've heard that Pan Grease works really well, it's made up of:

1 cup shortening
1 cup oil
1 cup flour

Brush on with pastry brush, making sure there are no bare spots.

Cake_Bliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Bliss Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 5:21pm
post #9 of 14

My mom had like 200 of those wilton pans and she would grease well with crisco making sure it is even and in every crevice and put flour in it and shook to get flour in all the crevices and never had a problem. The details always showed. I have done it this way and never (well never say never icon_surprised.gif ) had a problem. You could always do a trial run and see what works for you. icon_smile.gif

farmom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmom3 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 5:47pm
post #10 of 14

I made my son's birthday cake and using the car shape cake for the first time I use 'cake release' from wilton and cake came out perfectly
LL

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 5:55pm
post #11 of 14

When I use character pans, I let the icing crust well. Then I set the pan on top of the crusted icing and gently push. It should transfer many of the details onto your icing.

I should add, that I haven't used that particular pan, however.

lillicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillicakes Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 7:48pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodlesjupiter

I've heard that Pan Grease works really well, it's made up of:

1 cup shortening
1 cup oil
1 cup flour

Brush on with pastry brush, making sure there are no bare spots.

This is what I always use, no matter what size or shape the cake.

BellaSweet Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 8:06pm
post #13 of 14

WOW!!! Tou guys are Awwwwsooooome!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Thanks. And I think I will do a trial run.

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 9:30pm
post #14 of 14

When I use character pans, I let the icing crust well. Then I set the pan on top of the crusted icing and gently push. It should transfer many of the details onto your icing.
[/quote]

Although I never use these pans, I coach/teach 4H kids that do and THIS is a great tip for them! Our county Fair is coming up the end of September, and there are always a few of these pans uses. I think this will help the kids with their cake decorating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%