Karma (Long)

Lounge By Texas_Rose Updated 25 Jul 2008 , 4:34am by maryak

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 12:10pm
post #1 of 8

Yesterday was a good day.

First, the Secret Service (!) came to our door yesterday morning and told us that they had caught the people who had stolen my husband's identity, emptied our bank account, wrecked our credit, etc...and they caught them with enough bad stuff that they're going to be in serious trouble. Identity theft is the one crime where you're guilty until you prove your innocence, so having the bad guys actually sitting in jail goes a long way toward proving we didn't write any of the checks.

Second, then I had to go over to the apartment office to explain to the gals there why the secret service was looking for us (didn't really have to explain, but wanted them to know we weren't bad guys icon_lol.gif ) and while I was there, they told me that our old neighbors, who had caused us so many problems that we had to move to a different building, no longer live in the complex. It's a real relief because they had done so many things to us...vandalized our car, cussed us out randomly when we went outside, their child harassed ours at school to the point that I had to get the teachers to intervene, etc...and so we've been keeping a low profile, not playing outside, driving to school instead of walking, not going to the library or the grocery store down the street so we don't run into those people. Not only are they gone, but they got evicted for not paying their rent and they lost most of their belongings because they didn't move them out in time. (They won't be homeless though, they'll move in with her parents, I'm glad...I wanted them gone but wouldn't want to think of their kids being homeless).

It's so nice to think that some of our troubles might be over. icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 12:26pm
post #2 of 8

Wow, sounds like you have had it rough! Maybe you can move back to an apartment that you like now! (I remember you saying that you don't like the kitchen in the new one) Oh, and the Secret Service?!?!? WOW! I'm so happy to hear the tough stuff is done for now! How long ago did this all start? Will it be coming off you credit report anytime soon? Good luck :0)

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 12:31pm
post #3 of 8

Karma, baby! Yeah karma!!

This has nothing to do with your story but it comes to mind (as it pertains to theft) ... my neighbor's house was broken into over the July 4th holiday. Her work laptop was stolen. It's set up so you need a password to get into it ... Windows doesn't automatically come up. The thief CALLED HER and asked her for the password!! icon_surprised.gif Her biz card was in the computer bag. He told her "This is Detective John Brown ..." (or some phony name). She told him "well, actually it's my husband's laptop, so if you give me your number, I'll call him and call you back in 5 minutes." HE GAVE HER HIS NUMBER!!! She called the police and gave them the number, who called the thief, who answered the phone as "Detective John Brown" and the police said, "Bull SH*T it is!!" The phone company is tracking down the phone number now (I'm sure it's a throwaway cell, what do you think?)

I told her that when he's caught, she should send this story in to the "Stupid Crooks" tv show!! icon_lol.gif

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 12:51pm
post #4 of 8

Texas Rose

I hope everything comes together for you. Now just think good thoughts and hopefully this is a start of a better year for you and your children ((HUGS))
I hate bullying

Molly2
thumbs_up.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 1:07pm
post #5 of 8

Life is a series of tests, my friend. I know all the physical and mental symptoms you are dealing with right now.

I went through an extremely rough period of about 7 years before life turned around for me (including someone hacking my credit card).

Stay strong. My wish for you is that your test ends quickly, and that things will be back to normal as soon as possible.

You are in my prayers.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 1:47pm
post #6 of 8

playingwithsugar

You are so right I'm going though somethings right now that I ask myself everyday when is it going to end but I keeping telling myself things could be worst I just hope it doesn't I make cakes as a hobby it takes me away from things beleave it or not its kind of a stress relief it gets my mind off of the real world people laugh at me when I tell them that but its true

Molly2 icon_sad.gif

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 2:08pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

The phone company is tracking down the phone number now (I'm sure it's a throwaway cell, what do you think?)

Somehow I'm just not sure if he is that SMRT. icon_twisted.gif

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 4:34am
post #8 of 8

Texas Rose

It sounds like you'd been going through a rough patch. I'm so glad to hear that you're finally coming out of it. BH from the other side of the world icon_lol.gif May God Bless you and your family and help you come through safe and happy.

indydebi

That's hilarious, what an idiot!! I agree, you should send this in to World's Dumbest Criminals!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%