Finer Details?

Decorating By mediamaster92 Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 9:39pm by gr8_seamstress

mediamaster92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mediamaster92 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 3

Ok so I've been watching Ace of Cakes and it seems that the girls pipe with something a little different than a pastry bag, like the ones I use. It seems as though what they use look a little bit easier than a large pastry bag, at least for the final details. Anyone know what it is that they are using? It seems very triangular and small. HELP!

2 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 3

They're piping royal icing using parchment cones. Instructions for making them are on the Wilton website. To make them as small as the gals use on AOC, just cut a smaller triangle.

gr8_seamstress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8_seamstress Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 3

You can purchase parchment triangles. Cut one in half to make a small piping cone. The box has instructions on how to fold.

Quote by @%username% on %date%