Decorating By floophs Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 7:26am by cmp24

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 11:46pm
post #31 of 50

Your welcome, anytime just ask !

MadeYaLook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadeYaLook Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 11:54pm
post #32 of 50

We used ours to grout tile. Worked like a charm.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 12:04am
post #33 of 50

I always use them to fill deviled eggs. They come out so purrrty!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

floophs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floophs Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 12:06am
post #34 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyhasselgren

We used ours to grout tile. Worked like a charm.

That's kind of funny...but ya, I can see how that would be a great idea! Very creative thinking. thumbs_up.gif

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 12:29am
post #35 of 50

I used them for deviled eggs for the first time a few months ago, my daughter wanted a Star Wars themed birthday so we made 'Dagobah Eggs'! I tinted the yolk mixture green then we piped it into the egg white using various tips to make it look like worms, gross but a lot of fun!

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 12:31am
post #36 of 50

You can stick an ice cream cone (the sugar ones) in and fold down the top (or cut it off) so it doesn't leak.

fiddlesticks Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:07am
post #37 of 50

Cakemom777.. thats a good idea !

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:14am
post #38 of 50

I use them to fill with my southern spiced pecans for christmas time and curl with a pretty ribbon.

smab109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smab109 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:29am
post #39 of 50

I've used them to fill deviled eggs also....although the first time I did it, I didnt mush the yolks enough. The tip kept getting clogged, the bag exploded and I was covered in the yolk mixture along with the cupboards and floor. Lesson learned.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:46am
post #40 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smab109

I've used them to fill deviled eggs also....although the first time I did it, I didnt mush the yolks enough. The tip kept getting clogged, the bag exploded and I was covered in the yolk mixture along with the cupboards and floor. Lesson learned.

I dont' use a tip ... just a bag and a coupler. Sometimes not even the coupler ... just a disposable bag with the end snipped off.

kutabby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kutabby Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:58am
post #41 of 50

mamajan61 - please feel free to borrow my trick!!! 600 muffins is a lot!!!

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 2:27am
post #42 of 50

For easter treats I have filled them with cheese balls (you find in the chip aisle) and then put either the green raffia ribbon, or green curling ribbon. My oldest daughter school banned sweets for holiday parties (should be a SIN) so had to come up creative ideas! I also have filled them with lemonade powder and sour gummie worms for kids to make cool summer drinks. They love the gummie worms floating in the lemonade!

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 2:41am
post #43 of 50

I have used them for:

Choc drizzle
fill deviled eggs (use a star tip and you can make them really cool looking)
fill jelly filled cookies (like thumbprint cookies)
cream cheese filling for celery
I've seen the construction guys when our store remodeled - use for grout
manicotti and stuffed shells
cheese layer on lasagna
fill mini muffin pans

and anything else that needs precise filling

Barb

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 2:53am
post #44 of 50

I just used them for 4th of July to stuff olive with cream cheese and cherry tomatoes with garlic and chive cream cheese. Everyone was amazed and thought it took me forever.

I've also used them for manicotti, funny I saw this cause I was thinking of making some, and for deviled eggs. Indy, I've also used them for bean dip on chips. icon_smile.gif

I'll use them when filling little tart shells. I'm thinking there is something else but I can't remember.

For the mini muffin/cupcake pan I use a cookie (wilton) scoop. I use the regular ice cream scoop for cupcakes. Both are the perfect size/amount.

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 9:46pm
post #45 of 50

icon_redface.gif This one may catch you all off guard!!!

About 3 weeks ago, I had all of my teeth removed, (denture time) and I couldn't eat, (too many stupid stitches) and no real drool control. Anyway, I wanted to eat and couldn't get my mouth to open enough for a spoon. icon_rolleyes.gif The only thing I could think of were my disposable decorators bags. Filled it with pudding, and snipped off the end, and VOILA.... a great pudding dispenser. icon_lol.gif

Just another use for the trusty bag. thumbs_up.gif

mamajan61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamajan61 Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 11:50pm
post #46 of 50

I don't know how everybody else does it... but, the way my daughter and I did it was.... take two packs of cocoa mix and pour it in the bottom of the cone.... take 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and pour on tope of that... now, I take 1/2 cup of mini marshmellows and put on top of the chips and tie up the bag real tight and place a ribbon on it... at christmas time, we put some hand made cinnamon ornaments on the bag where the ribbon is...

They are really neat gifts... and very very simple to make.

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:46am
post #47 of 50

My work peers laugh at me and call me the queen of the ziplocs and plastic baggies... lol I love it though...

We have monthly luncheons and while everyone else is carrying in their big platters etc, I have mine in a bag with a handle sideways....

*deviled eggs are not filled until I get there - binder clips on the end of the pastry bag - snip and fill real quick.
*I even do this with cupcakes
*Taco salad is in 2 bags - one with the beans and one with the sour cream

Ziplocs - carry everything - pasta (nuked for a couple of minutes and poured into a crockpot I have stashed at work) Salads - dumped into a bowl, Meatballs (cooked and cooled - nuked for a couple of minutes and dumped), chicken breasts, hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. etc...lol I hate spilling stuff....

The zippers and Big Binder clips are the key....

I have also used the pastry bags for home projects... grout, as a funnel for paint and detergent.

Crafts: those cute carrots for Easter or chocolate cones for Christmas - I have also used them for homemade bath salts and made baskets of them. They are also good for kids to grow little plants in - cut shorter, snip the tiniest bit off the bottom, put into a cup, a little dirt and seeds - use a paper clip for the top (think greenhouse) until it starts to grow then open it up. When transplanting they come right out (or if not cut down the edge of the bag) - it shows the kids the root system too.

I have now rambled too long... sorry icon_redface.gif Anyway - they are very cool little versatile things. icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:51am
post #48 of 50

Wow! I had forgotten about this thread. I'm glad it came around again just in time for the holidays! icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:14am
post #49 of 50

I love this thread !

cmp24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmp24 Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 7:26am
post #50 of 50

Well I will be using some of these ideas for sure!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%