Quick Help Plz - Fondant Bow - Will It Crush My 6 Inch Cake?

Decorating By ANicole Updated 12 Jul 2008 , 6:05pm by ANicole

ANicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANicole Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:24am
post #1 of 8

I made a white 6-inch cake w/ raspberry (slightly soft) filling. I have a fondant bow (which I didn't put anything to harden it well enough - that's another story - so it's still somewhat soft after 4 days...) and the bow fits the whole top of the cake. Should I risk it falling apart/crushing my cake? Can I add support to the cake? It's a tiny cake. Dumb question - but my bow is pretty cute and it took a long time!

Thanks!

7 replies
tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 1:43am
post #2 of 8

A fondant bow shouldn't be heavy enough to crush a cake unless it's some monstrosity of a bow - ?

SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:06am
post #3 of 8

Why would the bow crush your cake?? icon_confused.gif I'm at a loss with this question.

I will tell you that unless your bow has hardened before you put it on the cake then the bow itself might fold.

ANicole Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:08am
post #4 of 8

It's not - but the cake is so little and it's a soft cake. The bow covers the whole top - minus about 1/4 inch or so... The bow feels kind of heavy when I lift it. I'm scared to put it on my cake. I was thinking of cutting off two of the loops on the bottom row to make it a little lighter. I'm scared to do that, too, though! icon_cry.gif

ANicole Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 2:10am
post #5 of 8

Am I being paranoid? Can you put a fondant bow over a little cake and will th cake support it? It has 13 loops. It's kind of big, but not a monstrosity!

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 4:10am
post #6 of 8

I cannot imagine a fondant bow large enough to crush a cake.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 4:41am
post #7 of 8

it will be fine icon_smile.gif

ANicole Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 6:05pm
post #8 of 8

It was fine! I put it on this morning after my cake was in the fridge all night and it was fine. I guess I was just having a "moment"! Thanks!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%