Grrrout!

Lounge By VannaD Updated 13 Jul 2008 , 6:51pm by 4Gifts4Lisa

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 7

Ok so i just spent an hour scrubbing the grout on my kitchen counters with bleach, my eyes burn and my hands are dry icon_cry.gif Im curious if anyone has some kind of secret weapon that they use to clean their grout?? i read that a paste made with baking soda and bleach works well but im out of baking soda. If anyone has a solution please let me know, ive asked family and friends but they dont understand the seriousness off my problem, i make fondant and buttercream so i have little stains in my grout in different spots, i also make coffee 3 times a day icon_eek.gif so i have a few stains by the coffee pot, please help i need to get this stuff cleaned so i can seal it!! Thanks GUys

6 replies
awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 7

Ever tried CLR? Great stuff. Spray it on, let it sit a few minutes, scrub and rinse.

http://www.jelmar.com/CLRbath.htm

You can usually find it at the hardware store or cleaning aisle of larger grocery stores.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 6:41pm
post #3 of 7

I use Soft Scrub with bleach. Put it on, let it sit for a while, scrub it and rinse.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 7

You can try Simple Green also. When we moved in our house, the grout on the floor was black. Simple green worked the best for me. After you get it clean, make sure you seal it well. Try your local home improvement store for a good grout sealer and make sure you seal it once a year.

People think I'm crazy but this is exactly the reason that I don't want tile countertops.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 11:55pm
post #5 of 7

Definitely seal it when you get it clean. I forgot that part!

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 1:12am
post #6 of 7

thanks everyone for you suggestions, im really staring to miss the formica(sp?) counters i had at the old place,uhhh icon_cry.gif

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 13 Jul 2008 , 6:51pm
post #7 of 7

<snicker> I looked over last night to see my five year old DD happily coloring in all the grout with a pencil. She got through quite a few lines before I caught her. I think my exact words were, "EEEAAAGGHHHKKKK...WHAT are you DOING???"

She stayed in the lines. It was a good job...sigh...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%