Help!!! Bettercreme

Baking By pinkbeesugar Updated 28 Mar 2014 , 5:42am by mattyeatscakes

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 7:27pm
post #31 of 55

I have heard how great Bettercreme is, and have been wanting to try it for so long. So today I finally bit the bullet and drove 13 miles to the Gordon's closest to my house. I bought two 1 quart containers of the liquid Vanilla Bettercreme and now have one in the freezer and one in my fridge! My question is, how much icing does a whole quart make? And I'm sure someone answered this already, but if I don't use it all after I make it, can I freeze the leftovers? I can't wait to make it, and with all the suggestions people have been giving regarding flavorings, I think I will be going Bettercreme crazy! TIA for all your help.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:41pm
post #32 of 55

One quart of bettercreme will ice and decorate a half sheet cake. Two cups of it will fill and ice one batch (approximately 24) cupcakes. I don't know the 'measurements' per se, but this is how I track it! Glad you finally broke down and got some!! Make sure you 'kick it up a notch' by adding flavorings! thumbs_up.gif

As for refreezing, I have not personally done it, but many people have said they've done it with aboslutely no trouble at all.

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 10:46pm
post #33 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Make sure you 'kick it up a notch' by adding flavorings! thumbs_up.gif

Yoo hoo, Bettercreme Queen! Have you ever combined cream cheese and Bettercreme? (I tried searching for this info, but couldn't find it--Kept coming up with the cream cheese pre-flavored Bettercreme.)

I made a cream cheese and whipped cream icing that a friend loved. She wants it on her wedding cake, but it's not very stable.

My local GFS only carries the regular, vanilla BC, and I'm wondering about whipping up some cream cheese and then adding some Bettercreme to it.

Thanks loads.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 10:56pm
post #34 of 55

Oh that sounds good ! Mel Have you tried that combo yet ?

Melvira Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 10:58pm
post #35 of 55

Yes ma'am! I make fillings more rich by whipping cream cheese and flavorings, then folding in whipped bettercreme. That was my original butterscotch and coconut filling recipes, I think they're in the recipe file if you want details. Or, if you're interested, I can give you more details right here!! icon_wink.gif It's super yummy and rich!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 11:20pm
post #36 of 55

Why wait >>Give us more !!!

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:39am
post #37 of 55

Melvira-
Thanks for the quick response and your help. I can't wait to try it with different flavorings!

floophs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floophs Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:14pm
post #38 of 55

Anyone know where I can buy some in MN?

pinkbeesugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbeesugar Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:33pm
post #39 of 55

Melvira, when you whip cream cheese and flavoring and fold in the bettercreme, do you add sugar to the cream cheese, would that make more of a frosting consistancy? am I making any sense? icon_redface.gif

Melvira Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:44pm
post #40 of 55

You make sense to me... but I'm not sure that should make you feel better! icon_lol.gif Har har har!!

Yes, here is what I do...

8 oz cream cheese
1/2 c. sugar
1 (4 serv) pkg any flavor pudding
1/4 c milk (just to moisten)
2 c. liquid bettercreme

Whip cheese and sugar until smooth. (Can use PS if you prefer). Add pudding and milk, whip until smooth. Set aside. Whip bettercreme to almost stiff peaks. Fold into pudding mixture.

This makes a fantastic filling and frosting, just be sure not to underwhip the bettercreme or it will not hold up.

Another amazing option without cream cheese is to pour the package of pudding into the liquid bettercreme (skip the sugar) and add about 1/2 c. milk, whip it all together to almost stiff peaks. This is a fantastic mousse/filling/icing!

pinkbeesugar Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:53pm
post #41 of 55

FANTASTIC!!!!! That is exactly what I am looking for. My father actually makes one amazing banana cake, that I love, and I was going to make it into cupcakes this weekend, that would be the perfect filing!!!! little cream cheese icing and perfect.

Again, you save me icon_twisted.gif

robinleah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinleah Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:54pm
post #42 of 55

have heard alot of you talk about Bettercreme. What is is. It is not sold here in Canada

Melvira Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:11pm
post #43 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbeesugar

FANTASTIC!!!!! That is exactly what I am looking for. My father actually makes one amazing banana cake, that I love, and I was going to make it into cupcakes this weekend, that would be the perfect filing!!!! little cream cheese icing and perfect.

Again, you save me icon_twisted.gif

I'm always happy to be a hero! Hahaha. Ok, so a good frosting recipe doesn't make me a hero... but helping makes me feel good! icon_lol.gif

Amy729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy729 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:52pm
post #44 of 55

I have some bettercream that has been sitting in my freezer for a while.

Does anyone know how long it will keep frozen?

Thanks!

Amy

pinkbeesugar Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 3:00pm
post #45 of 55

melvira, you should feel good. I always feel estatic when you reply to me, i wouldn't know 3/4 of what i do if it wasnt from reading this forum and asking questions. I have the basics and you ladies make me feel included!!!!

enough of my rambling he he. Amy is the bettercreme whipped or liquid?

Melvira Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 3:48pm
post #46 of 55

pinkbeesugar... it's bad enough I can barely get into my pants, you're going to make me outgrow my hat now too!! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif But seriously, I love being able to help. I think that's why I was made to have kids!!

Amy, the bettercreme should be fine in the freezer for up to a year. Essentially, if you taste it and it tastes good... you're fine! icon_razz.gif That's one way to do it, eh? Hahaha.

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 4:41pm
post #47 of 55

In Canada-Rich's whipped topping...you can almost always buy it at Real Canadian Superstore..a similar product is Nutriwhip, non dairy whipped topping, also comes liquid and whips to stiff. However I find that is more dark creamish in color so if you want white white then Richs is your product.

Melvira Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 5:56pm
post #48 of 55

Rich' Bettercreme and Rich's whipped topping are not the same thing though, so they will not work exactly the same. The whipped topping is more like cool whip!

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:03pm
post #49 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Rich' Bettercreme and Rich's whipped topping are not the same thing though, so they will not work exactly the same. The whipped topping is more like cool whip!

Well not exactly Cool Whip-that is Rich's Real Whip- a cool whip substitute. The non dairy whipped topping is like a stablized whipped cream topping. Rich's website explains their different products:
http://www.richs.com/product_info.cfm?catid=6159

Melvira Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:51pm
post #50 of 55

No, not exactly like cool whip, but more similar to it than Bettercreme. I just want to be sure that people know that Bettercreme and the Rich Whip are not the same. I had one gal buy a bunch of cartons of the Rich Whip and she was super mad when she figured it out! icon_cry.gif Bummer!

Manitoba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manitoba Posted 28 Mar 2014 , 2:54am
post #51 of 55

AI am from small town MB, Canada and got bettercreme ordered in at Sobeys Wholesale in Winnipeg they let individuals make small orders also. I love it for cake decorating and it's awesomely unsweetened like buttercream icing that's too sweet for me.

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 28 Mar 2014 , 4:21am
post #52 of 55

A[quote name="Manitoba" url="/t/594617/help-bettercreme/30#post_7495844"]I am from small town MB, Canada and got bettercreme ordered in at Sobeys Wholesale in Winnipeg they let individuals make small orders also. I love it for cake decorating and it's awesomely unsweetened like buttercream icing that's too sweet for me.[/quote

Ohhh! Where is Sobey's Wholesale located? I'm from Winnipeg and didn't know we an get bettercreme here! Yay :)

Manitoba Posted 28 Mar 2014 , 5:35am
post #53 of 55

https://www.sobeys.com/en/stores/sobeys-winnipeg-cash-carry

Just explain why you're calling and they'll connect you with frozen dept and you can give your name and tell them what you want to order.  I order the smaller containers (case of frozen) bettercreme because who would ever use the huge one all at once for small time home use and once you unthaw you're suppose to whip it up before you refreeze it some say they refreeze but I follow the instructions.

Manitoba Posted 28 Mar 2014 , 5:38am
post #54 of 55

No need to eat the dried out cakes from those stores where they sit for a long time make your own fresh and put that awesome icing they get on your cake.

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 28 Mar 2014 , 5:42am
post #55 of 55

A

Original message sent by Manitoba

[URL=https://www.sobeys.com/en/stores/sobeys-winnipeg-cash-carry]https://www.sobeys.com/en/stores/sobeys-winnipeg-cash-carry[/URL]   Just explain why you're calling and they'll connect you with frozen dept and you can give your name and tell them what you want to order.  I order the smaller containers (case of frozen) bettercreme because who would ever use the huge one all at once for small time home use and once you unthaw you're suppose to whip it up before you refreeze it some say they refreeze but I follow the instructions.

Awesome! Thanks again :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%