Stand Mixer (Not Kitchenaid)

Decorating By leepat Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 6:08pm by Franluvsfrosting

leepat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leepat Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 12:36pm
post #1 of 7

I am in need of a new stand mixer. I already have a kitchenaid and I love it but I need one that has beaters instead of a paddle. Any suggestions?

6 replies
renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 7

I have a sunbeam that I got for my birthday last year and it works good for what I need it for. although I would love to have a kitchenaid icon_rolleyes.gif

mushbug9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mushbug9 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 12:58pm
post #3 of 7

I have a sunbeam too, from my hubby's grandmother. I also have a KA. I use the sunbeam for the cakes, quick breads ect and the KA for icing, fondant ect. I did hear that the sunbeam motor won't handle too much of the fondant ect. I haven't had any problems with it for what I use it for though. GL.

amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 7

I have a Bosch and LOVE IT! It's the Universal Plus model with 800 watt of power and a 6 qt bowl. It holds 3 recipes of WASC, a double batch of icing (6 lb powdered sugar) and a triple batch of mmf. It's not cheap, but it is amazing! Here's the website for the company I purchased mine from:

http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/bosch_universal.aspx#cookiepaddles

They have great customer service and super fast shipping.

Staceface81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staceface81 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:02pm
post #5 of 7

Cooks 12 Speed 5 Quart Mixer
I have this mixer and I love it! It works great with large batches of buttercream.
It comes with three attachments.......paddle, beater, and dough hook.
Also, it's on sale right now. icon_smile.gif
http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/ProductsHOM.aspx?ItemID=1010d86&ItemTyp=C&GrpTyp=PRD&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy=0&SearchString=cooks+5qt+mixer&RefPage=SearchDepartment.aspx&CmCatId=SearchResults&Search1Prod=True

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:06pm
post #6 of 7

I second the Bosch! I love the two part lid. I dump all of my stuff in there, put the lid on the let er rip!!! No sugar/flour coated cabinets! icon_biggrin.gif

I also grind my own wheat (yes, I am a freak!) and bake all of our bread and the Bosch is a dream for that. I am just getting into fondant and will be trying the MMF recipe in the Bosch. I have a KA too so I use them both but if I had to choose just one, for the stuff that I do it would be the Bosch.

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:08pm
post #7 of 7

Oh! I bought mine from the same site that amysue99 did! They are extremely helpful and have quick shipping. I e-mailed with them several times (I've bought a few things there). They are always helpful and professional. The one thing I would say you should purchase in addition to your Bosch would be the cookie paddles for about $21. It comes with the whips and the dough hook.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%