Friday Night Cake Club- Emergency Thursday Edition!

Decorating By DoniB Updated 6 Jul 2008 , 8:07pm by Bettycrockermommy

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 4:24am
post #31 of 53

Hey everyone!! Just checking back in tonight!!! Hope you all are busy busy! I have nothing for tonight. We did ours today. Had a nice time. Yesterday made the raspberry cupcakes with white chocolate ganache. They turned out VERY good. I didn't do anything too special for the icing just bc. Next time I am going to try lemon bc that was suggested!

Hope you all aren't up too late!! Wish I could help! Wouldn't that be so much fun?? Have a cake bakin cookie decoratin party???! Have a great 4th!!
Thanks Donib for starting these threads !! They are fun!
Charlotte

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 5:25am
post #32 of 53

You're welcome, Charlotte, though I have to admit that it was my own selfishness... wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one crazy enough to be doing THIS much the night before it's due! LOL

Seriously, though... having you guys coming on and keeping me company has been awesome. icon_smile.gif

I just wish RED would turn RED!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!! Can't have 4th of July without the red, white, and blue, and that would mean that RED needs to actually be red, and not pink!!!! And that's after two tubs of no-taste red. GOT to order some americolor when I have the chance! LOL

But my cookies are almost done. I'm shooting for heading to bed at 2, whether I'm done or not. They'll get what they get. icon_smile.gif I'll still have to get up and make icing and decorate two cakes and a bazillion cupcakes, but oh well... icon_razz.gif Have fun!

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 6:07am
post #33 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina

I just finished my cookies!! WhoooHooooo!!!!!

Hey Jennifer, I have a whole bottle of Kahlua!! I'll have a drink for you!!!

I'm so jealous! lol. Enjoy and I'm glad you finished your cookies!

decoratingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
decoratingfool Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 6:19am
post #34 of 53

well i must say things went pretty smoothly tonight cakes baked frostings made, now tomorrow all i have to do it frost the cakes but one is easy its a piroette cookie cake so no need to smooth... BUT i have to say i made the buttercream dream frosting tonight and instead of milk i used the vanilla toffee carmel coffee creamer, OMG that frosting is to die for......... It is so smooth the flovor is justy amazing and NO greasy after taste at all... i finally tried a hi ratio shorenting and i must say i like the difference it makes in the consistency, so smooth and creamy... So i think im done for the night, i will be getting up tomorrow early i have one more cake to bake a chocolate one, i just ran out of steam tonight... happy baking and good luck all in finishing your cakes and cookies and food for tomorrow, i will be checking in tomorrow to se how you all are doing!!! Happy 4th of July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! be safe.............Shari

decoratingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
decoratingfool Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 6:20am
post #35 of 53

well i must say things went pretty smoothly tonight cakes baked frostings made, now tomorrow all i have to do it frost the cakes but one is easy its a piroette cookie cake so no need to smooth... BUT i have to say i made the buttercream dream frosting tonight and instead of milk i used the vanilla toffee carmel coffee creamer, OMG that frosting is to die for......... It is so smooth the flovor is justy amazing and NO greasy after taste at all... i finally tried a hi ratio shorenting and i must say i like the difference it makes in the consistency, so smooth and creamy... So i think im done for the night, i will be getting up tomorrow early i have one more cake to bake a chocolate one, i just ran out of steam tonight... happy baking and good luck all in finishing your cakes and cookies and food for tomorrow, i will be checking in tomorrow to se how you all are doing!!! Happy 4th of July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! be safe.............Shari

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 6:22am
post #36 of 53

Hey Doni!! I'm here!! I have been having BIG laptop issues! my DD says she didn't do anything, but somehow, I think she did! icon_lol.gif Anyway, I am STILL working on these darn gumpaste roses!! I told ya'll I was slow!! icon_lol.gif

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 6:47am
post #37 of 53

I'm so tired... but I love baking, so I'm not complaining. I just got the cheesecake out of the oven. In the morning I'll do the strawberries I think. I also decided that I will do the cookies, but just royal ice in white and give the kiddos at the party food doodler markers and they can decorate them and make the centerpieces themselves! Aren't I brilliant? Okay, that's a stretch, but I think it's a good idea and it takes the pressure off me. Of course, I put the pressure on me! Do you guys do that? Since I'm having the party and bakings my thing, I push myself to way over-bake, make a ton of yummy desserts, when most people are just happy to come hang out!
(My 13 yo dd told me earlier that really people come to watch me light the fireworks (legal ones of course) and run away because I look so comical. Apparently that's half the show to her and her friends icon_redface.gif )

Have a great 4th everyone and be safe!!

DoniB Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 6:54am
post #38 of 53

okay, stick a fork in me... I'm so done. icon_razz.gif I wanted to do the icings tonight, but I JUST finished the cookies. They're not great (I probably won't even take pics. That's how bad they are!) But they'll be yummy, and that's all that matters to my family. LOL

So have fun... keep working, those who are going to watch the dawn.. I'll be back up in a few hours to make buttercream, frost two cakes and 48 cupcakes. icon_razz.gif Wheeee!

Bettycrockermommy Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 6:58am
post #39 of 53

Nite Doni!!

I can't believe how many night owls are out there!! This is a great thread!!

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 7:07am
post #40 of 53

Hello all,
Don't have a whole lot to do. The 4th is usually not a big sugar holday for me. Small order of lollipops but will be going to a potluck and of course that means cooking. Which I love to do almost as much as I love baking.

I'm taking a break while I'm waiting for some sugar to cool, then I'll start another batch. Glad to see I'll have a bit of company while I do these l-pops.

titch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
titch Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 7:33am
post #41 of 53

Wow ladies, Im just checking in to see how everyone is doing?

I wasnt up late last night, I made two cakes and one of which I managed to burn the bottom! icon_cry.gif So couldnt be bothered with baking another one last night, spent some quality time with dh instead, Ãt's now in the oven this morning.

I have a 4th July cake due today and a bday cake due for tomorrow, thankfully I'm off work today so I should be ok with getting both of them done, I've also got to mow the lawns, and take dd to her new school aswell as she starts school in Sept for the first time. icon_cry.gif

Rach

Afarren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Afarren Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 7:35am
post #42 of 53

I am crumb coating!! My house is clean...YEAH! Now I am off to bed. Good night to all hope all your projects turn out well. icon_smile.gif

Bettycrockermommy Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 7:40am
post #43 of 53

Good morning titch! That feels so strange to say, since it's only 12:40 am here!

titch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
titch Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 8:42am
post #44 of 53

Mornin!

Yep it's 9.41am here in the UK, I'm luckily no where near as busy as some of you guys with cakes and dont know how you guys do it pulling all nighters.

How's it going for you at this dodgy time at o dark thirty?

Rach

Bettycrockermommy Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 8:50am
post #45 of 53

I am exhausted and getting ready to go to bed! Thankfully, I am off tomorrow because of the 4th, and I can work all day on these cakes.

Have fun with your daughter today, Rach!

DoniB Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 11:03am
post #46 of 53

It's just after 7 am here, so I'm getting ready to get busy again. icon_razz.gif Slept an hour later than I meant to, but man, I needed it! LOL

Hope folks got stuff done last night, or are gettin' busy this morning. icon_smile.gif I've got to have everything ready and myself showered and out the door by 9:30. eeep! LOL

Bettycrockermommy Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 4:45pm
post #47 of 53

I'm up again too!! I hope you have fun today Doni!

DoniB Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 4:10pm
post #48 of 53

so how was everyone's 4th of July? icon_smile.gif How'd all those cakes and cookies come out??

Here are mine! I'm burned to a crisp. Apparently, it was 'turn yourself into a lobster' day. I'm an idiot, because I know what stops sunburn. I just didn't do it. icon_razz.gif So I totally deserve the pain I'm in right now. icon_razz.gif

Hope everyone had a great holiday, and a good friday for those who aren't in
the US. icon_smile.gif

(the mini cake is on one of my home-made mini cake stands. Worked out great!!!)
LL
LL
LL
LL

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 5:11pm
post #49 of 53

Doni B,
What awesome work. Love your cupcakes. Cookies and Cake look great too.

I know I'm in the right place when I see all the hard work everyone does. I thought I was the only crazy (in a good way) Pulling all nighters and loving what I do.

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 11:03pm
post #50 of 53

Great job!! You sure were busy!! I know she loved that cake too! Hope you don't hurt too long from that burn!!

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 4:34am
post #51 of 53

DoniB,

All of your work is fabulous! I love the mini tiered cake! What sizes are they? They must be single layers (comparing them to the cuppies!)

I survived my things for today... 2 dozen cupcakes, 1- 14 inch cake, 3 blueberry pies and 5 apple crumb pies all from scratch! I've actually just gotten up for a bit. I was so tired that I went to bed at 6 pm!

I'm looking forward to a very quiet and restful Sunday!

DoniB Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 11:15am
post #52 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijoudelanuit

DoniB,

All of your work is fabulous! I love the mini tiered cake! What sizes are they? They must be single layers (comparing them to the cuppies!)

I survived my things for today... 2 dozen cupcakes, 1- 14 inch cake, 3 blueberry pies and 5 apple crumb pies all from scratch! I've actually just gotten up for a bit. I was so tired that I went to bed at 6 pm!

I'm looking forward to a very quiet and restful Sunday!

Thanks! It was a very busy weekend for cakes, for me! LOL The mini-tiers were 6, 4, 3, and 2. You're right that they were single layers. The mini's just look better that way to me. And the top two tiers are actually from one pan. Love that little pan! LOL

Sounds like you were even busier! Glad you got it all done! Take a well-deserved break. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, and is getting rest today! Get off those feet, watch some TV or read a good book... or just take a really long Sunday nap! LOL

Bettycrockermommy Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:07pm
post #53 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniB

I'm burned to a crisp. Apparently, it was 'turn yourself into a lobster' day. I'm an idiot, because I know what stops sunburn. I just didn't do it. icon_razz.gif So I totally deserve the pain I'm in right now. icon_razz.gif

Well, now I don't feel so bad! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif My son says that I look like a lobster tail!! I remembered to pu t sunscreen on the kids, but totally skipped myself! Oh well!!

I made two cakes for the holiday. The first is a 50th anniversary cake for a coworker's parents. The roses and the 50 are gumpaste and fondant mixed.

The second cake was made for my hubby's 4th of July clown party. It is all buttercream, and pretty simple, but the clowns all loved it.
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%