Leftover Cookie Dough???

Baking By cvigil Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 9:53pm by MichelleM77

cvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvigil Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 10:26pm
post #1 of 11

What do you guys do with all your "cookie scraps"? You know, the stuff that's too tough to roll out again? I sometites press mine into a baking pan and make one big cookie and let the kids decorate it. thumbs_up.gif

I was thinking of using them as a cheesecake crust or a pie crust. Do you think this will work? icon_razz.gif

10 replies
sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 10:30pm
post #2 of 11

Crust!
I bake up the tough scraps and then let them dry out for a while. Then whirr up in the processor and store in the freezer.

Mix with melted butter and you have a tasty crust!

icon_smile.gif

Afterezra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Afterezra Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 4:42am
post #3 of 11

We save our scraps to make cookie dough ice cream Coldstone style. I'm finally burned out on cookie dough. Before I had been known to sneak pieces everytime I walked past the freezer.

cvigil Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 4:03am
post #4 of 11

Oh man, us too. I'm trying to find new things to do with it. I love both of these ideas. I am definitely going to try both
Thanks Guys

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 10:09am
post #5 of 11

I make a big cookie out of the scraps.
And that's the sample cookie for my husband..LOL..He knows this is the only one he's allowed to eat ahead of time.

lcdmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcdmarie Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 8:55pm
post #6 of 11

how do you tell when it is too tough to roll out?

MaisieBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaisieBake Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 9:44pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcdmarie

how do you tell when it is too tough to roll out?

Experience.

Make half a batch and experiment.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 9:56pm
post #8 of 11

there's a delicious and easy berry dessert I seen on semi-homemade.

mix a can of apple pie filling, a bag of frozen mixed berries-thawed, you can add an additional 1/4 cup of sugar...stir. Divide mixture among several custard dishes. it actually calls for the rolled cookie dough from the store...but...since I don't buy that, I use various cookie doughs ...snickerdoodle works well too. anyway...

pinch off little blobs of cookie dough and place them on the berry mixture(sprinkle with some large crystal sugar if desired)bake until cookie dough is golden.

remove from oven and allow to cool a bit oooooooooor...remove from oven, plop a scoop of icecream on top and serve.

the remnants of rolled cookie dough can be frozen and used for various desserts like this(I would label it as "......scraps"

Afterezra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Afterezra Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 10:07pm
post #9 of 11

Ooh, that sounds good and really easy!

cvigil Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 5:53pm
post #10 of 11

all4cake I am so trying this. Perfect for summer. Thanks!
lcdmarie, Just as MaisieBake said,it really is just experience. I usually only roll mine out a max of 3 to 4 times otherwise your cookies start to bubble on top.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 9:53pm
post #11 of 11

I use leftover dough to make sample cookies to decorate for my website of cookie cutters that I have, but just haven't had an order for yet, or I just give extra cookies to the customer. I've never had any scraps that are too tough to roll out though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%