Omg! So Yummy!

Decorating By sweetness_221 Updated 30 Jun 2008 , 5:10am by YAYI95

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:23am
post #1 of 8

For everyone wanting a really good diabetic cake recipe here's an awesome recipe from Splenda. http://splenda.allrecipes.com/Recipe/Recipe.aspx?nprid=76237 I've been wanting carrot cake, so I made this for my birthday Saturday with their cream cheese frosting recipe. All I have to say is YUMMY! I substituted the coconut for raisins and added a little milk to the frosting to make it a little thinner. I've tried and tried to find a lower sugar recipe but everyone I've tried was always dry or was just plain nasty. This recipe was moist and you couldn't even tell it had splenda in it. I will say that if you use their cream cheese frosting recipe I would double the batch. The single batch that I made barely covered the cake. I also needed to bake it for about 10 extra minutes. Not sure if my ovens temp is off or maybe I didn't get the pineapple drained enough (too much liquid) but it did take a little longer to bake. It was well worth it though. I will definately make this again. thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
chrissy410 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissy410 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:25am
post #2 of 8

thanks for the info. My dad is diabetic and I've had lots of trouble finding something I can make for him for his birthdays!

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:26am
post #3 of 8

Thanks Sweetness.

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:34am
post #4 of 8

A good cake made with Splenda? Really?!! I just made my first and last Splenda cake, it was a terrible experience icon_cry.gif It tasted like death and I had to make another "regular" cake to serve. That one turned out so gorgeous that the b-day girl didn't want to cut into it... that made the experience worth the trauma. I wonder what makes one recipe work and not another, I thought maybe cooking w/it made taste bad, but you got a good one icon_confused.gif I would like to find a good splenda chocolate and a butter or white cake for my arsenal.

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:42am
post #5 of 8

I have tried a few recipes from the splenda website and was not impressed. That's why I was so amazed that this one turned out so well. Maybe not all of them are horrible. At least this one wasn't.

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:43am
post #6 of 8

I did a splenda yellow cake and it was awful. unfortunatey it was for my husband's bday and he didn't even eat his own cake.

we aren't diabetic, just trying to cut down the sugar, except birthdays from now on.

I'll try this one and see how my hubby likes it.

chrissy410 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissy410 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:57am
post #7 of 8

I know its not cake but for the past few years I have made my dad a Splenda coconut cream pie for his birthday. I actually add sugar free cool whip on the top of the pie and top it off with toasted coconut. It is always a big hit!! It's not entirely sugar free but it cuts down on a lot of the sugar! My dad has always loved it. Here is the recipe.
http://splenda.allrecipes.com/Recipe/Recipe.aspx?nprid=105471

YAYI95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YAYI95 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 5:10am
post #8 of 8

thanks for the info...my father is diabetic and i have been trying to find a recipe for his birthday cake...Thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%