Decorating By cdavis Updated 2 Jul 2008 , 6:32pm by bakincakin

cdavis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdavis Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 12:18am
post #31 of 37

deleted

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 12:18am
post #32 of 37

i am starting to think that JanH needs her own sticky thread so that people don't get so sensitive about these issues anymore. she is just doing her job

the thing is that there are thousands of users on this site and some people come on JUST to post cakes...and so your cake gets posted and the next person may post like 10 cakes all at once...it IS very frustrating...but, you are more than welcome to post the cake in a thread to get feedback (btw, my capitals are just for emphasis on the word..not yelling)

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 12:33am
post #33 of 37

icon_rolleyes.gif why do threads like this always turn nasty ??? icon_sad.gificon_cry.gif

Jan is very helpful!!!

Umm does anybody else see that there is just 5 spots for new cakes on the homepage... and 1000's of members? Or is that just me? LOL

I think we forget sometimes that not EVERYBODIES cakes can be on the homepage... if that is the case we'd be scrolling forever icon_smile.gif

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 12:54am
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

icon_rolleyes.gif why do threads like this always turn nasty ??? icon_sad.gificon_cry.gif

Exactly! I would love to see EVERYONE (yes I just yelled - don't beat me! icon_surprised.gif ) try not to be so quick to take offense. Why not PM people NICELY if you feel offended and try to resolve this issue without getting nasty?

Now back to the orginial topic. I've viewed your photos and can see that you do great work. I can tell that you put a lot of time and energy into every cake you've posted. I personally see a couple I want to try - I've bookmarked them. icon_biggrin.gif Keep up the good work!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:19am
post #35 of 37

Everyone's cakes do go on the home page but the cakes move across quite quickly so you will not always see your own cake. Your cake does stay on the front page of the latest uploads for quite a long time.

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:41am
post #36 of 37

I personally have never seen any of my photos on the frontpage. I thought i would get comments on my work but I rarely do. It can be a little discoraging at times because we all want recognition of what we do. I also have to understand that this site is more then just about me. Trust me I would love to get feedback because I'm just starting out and I dont know whether I'm good enough to make it for real. Jan H you seem like a sweetheart. I know that you didnt mean any harm. I hope everyone who is hurt and offended takes a moment to just see that we are all here for the same thing. To learn, share, and get encouragement.

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 6:32pm
post #37 of 37

[
However --- JanH is the tops in my book! She was only trying to help and point you in the right direction. I refer to JanH as the walking encyclopedia of CC and her memory will top any computer chip! I have never, ever seen JanH make a rude or misleading comment -- you totally took it out of the context that it was so kindly given.

I ditto that 100 times over. JanH is the bomb!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%