Any Reviews Of Ribbon Cutter On Cakes By Sam?

Decorating By acookieobsession Updated 4 Jul 2008 , 7:55pm by bisbqueenb

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 10:49pm
post #1 of 5

I was looking at cakes by sam and came across this ribbon cutter. Does anyone know well it works? I had the wilton one and I just hated it,but I thought this one might be better.

http://www.cakesbysam.com/store/cart.php?target=product&product_id=21868&category_id=268

Thanks

Julia

4 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 5

I've never used this one, but the metal cutting blades should work very well if all you need is a straight edge. I don't like the Wilton one at all, either.

sisspence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisspence Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 5

When I took a class from the 2 sweet sisters last year, that is what kind of ribbon cutter they were using. They said it was great..Thinking very seriously about getting me one. I don't really need one, I just want one>

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 5

The problem with all the ones that I have seen. Yes, I have the crappy Wilton one LOL. If you tighten them up to much it won't work. Since I'm to lazy today. If you want to try something. I think this might fix the Wilton one. Take apart a spring loaded pen. You want the spring. Put the spring over the threaded end of the Wilton one. Then put your wingnut back on. This might work. It should give tension to keep everything inline. I just haven't tried it. Once I think about it I get involved w/ something else. or like today. My FB is having a hard time moving LOLOL

Mike

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 5

Wonder if the pattern blades for regular rotary cutters would fit on this one.....I have a variety of different blades [that I have used in the hand held cutter one side at a time...] and IF I could do multiples.....oh boy! The individual blades are are not expensive to have 4-5 of each one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%