What Cake(S) Are You Working On Today?

Decorating By bambuf Updated 29 Jun 2008 , 2:48pm by bambuf

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 9:21pm
post #91 of 97

Tonight I am making 8 dozen Petit Fours and decorating a half sheet cake for a class reunion.

Then I have to finish decorating 12 dozen sugar cookies that I made and iced yesterday for a shower on Sunday. And I also have another half sheet and an 8" round 2-layer cake for 2 other events on Sunday.

I delivered an Ariel/Mermaid cake this morning as well as a 6" square cake for a small b'day party. Yesterday I delivered 10 dozen petit fours and a full sheet cake for a grand opening . . . .

busy, busy, busy -- but lovin, lovin, lovin it! Like a previous poster -- hopefully one day I too will have the base clientel to go full time baking/decorating -- and leave the ft secretarial job behind.

Have a good one ya'll!

Suze

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:14pm
post #92 of 97

suzy, that's a lot of petit fours! You must be lightning fast! icon_smile.gif

Win, your Oz cakes is wonderful! I love all of the little details that you put into it! icon_smile.gif

delicious_designs7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delicious_designs7 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 1:47pm
post #93 of 97

This is the first weekend in I don't know how long that I am not baking. YEAH!! Today is my 25th birthday and my husband said, "NO BAKING!" So, I guess this just gives me a weekend of rest before I do my 24 orders in July....it makes me tired just thinking about it. LOL

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 5:37am
post #94 of 97

I hardly ever post any photos of my cakes, but figured I'd post the one I was most proud of this weekend.

It's a "Pink Poodle in Paris" cake. I wish I had remembered I had a Birthday Express catalog to look at before I mixed up the colors - I was going by the photo they sent me of the cake done by "Cakes by Sam" (should have been a mint green, not a teal). Oh well... they loved it and I've already gotten an e-mail telling me how much they loved it.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1238211

Maria_Campos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria_Campos Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:33pm
post #95 of 97

I got my Tiki cake done, it was awesome and well received by the Hawaiian natives!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1238377&done=1

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 1:49pm
post #96 of 97

It's Sunday morning and I have no cakes due today! It's coffee on the couch, with my laptop, CC, and the Lifetime channel for me today!

The 2-tier birthday cake canc'd due to gramma going into the hospital. That was fine with me, as I had realized one of my 3-tier weddings was a 4-tier instead! I just threw the baked-uniced cakes for the 2-tier in the freezer for a future use.

So the 18x24 sheet cake and the 3 wedding cakes are done, delivered and eaten by now! Pics are posted. I really hate the pink ribbon one .... it's too "Plain" for my taste. I really liked the square one with the silver dragees .... I"m going to do a dummy one for my shop in this design.

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 2:48pm
post #97 of 97

Wow! Some truly incredible cakes were created this weekend! icon_smile.gif Wish I had a great cake to contribute to the weekend's fare, but I've been working on Fondant and Gumpaste class prep for my upcoming July classes. Congrats everyone on a job well done! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%