First Wedding, And A Zillion Roses... How Can I Do This!?

Decorating By servingzero Updated 26 Jun 2008 , 5:10pm by BlueRoseCakes

servingzero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
servingzero Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 3:58pm
post #1 of 5

Okay, so maybe a zillion is an exaggeration.
But there are nearly 100 buttercream roses to be made for a cake I have coming up shortly (notice the butterflies in my tummy!)

My question is, can I do all these roses up ahead of time and let them crust individually, then use a little BC to attach them to the cake at the set-up?

They are to be the border around each tier, and I can't see transporting the thing assembled since my car has limited space, and it's a fair jog to the reception place.

Anyone know if this is a plausible thing for me to do? And can I just use my regular crusting BC recipe (the 12 cup one from here, I use half crisco, half butter)
I'm really hoping that this is possible, as I work nights, and really don't want to be piping roses at the reception hall for hours!

Please help me!

4 replies
summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 5

Yes, just keep them on little pieces of wax paper and then assemble them at the place. That's fine to do!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 4:15pm
post #3 of 5

And you can keep them in clean used egg containers.

Oh, don't forget to make extras!

servingzero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
servingzero Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 4:55pm
post #4 of 5

Great! Thanks so much, this give me much ease haha!

BlueRoseCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueRoseCakes Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 5:10pm
post #5 of 5

Definetally use the waxed paper method and make extras. I always do this no matter how many roese I'm doing. That way I can pick the best ones, and it makes placing them just right on the cake 100 times easier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%