Need Phantom Of The Opera Ideas!

Decorating By Mystery Updated 28 Jun 2008 , 3:36am by kimmypooh79

Mystery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mystery Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:44am
post #1 of 10

I need some ideas. I had a ton of designs but unfortunantly this is for someone who doesn't like fondant. So that makes it really hard for me.
Also, I am afraid to dye icing black, but I would like a dark backround color. Thanks in advance!

9 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:58am
post #2 of 10

I'm thinking masks. Maybe a mask cookie as an accent? Would they agree to fondant accents on a buttercream cake?

cofeewoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cofeewoman Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:01am
post #3 of 10

I made one & it's in my photos. I used BC and roses. I bought the mask at Party City. I had ordered a white choc mask and it never came in. I will try to look for the posts from where I begged for help on here too. icon_biggrin.gif

momofjil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momofjil Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:03am
post #4 of 10

I think the cakes which are dyed black with a white phantom face on top look great! I just made a vegas cake which had a middle layer of black icing. I used two entire jars of Wilton black to make it the black I wanted. It was very, very bitter. I put a huge layer of regular buttercream on it and then covered it with a very thin layer of black...just enough to cover it. It didn't taste bad then!

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:20am
post #5 of 10
Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:36am
post #6 of 10

I love the black fondant ideas! You could always also do a red rose with a black ribbon tied around it as a topper too, just an idea!

domesticdiva85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
domesticdiva85 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 3:48am
post #7 of 10

Here is one I googled...I am not sure if it is buttercream or fondant, but I was thinking a dark chocolate ganache might work too.
LL

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:25am
post #8 of 10

The mask can be made out of white chocolate. I bought a plain white face mold at Hobby Lobby and poured white chocolate in it, just coating the area I needed for the mask. Placed it in the freezer for a few minutes then popped the mask out. I trimmed away any rough edges. The Phantom of the Opera cake I made was fondant. I wonder if you could use a very deep brown BC and possibly use a little fondant for trim?

CulinaryActor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CulinaryActor Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 2:25am
post #9 of 10

I really like all the photos people talked about those look really cool!! It would be neat to do something with the chanedlier from the movie!

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 3:36am
post #10 of 10

What if you could make a cake with musical notes around the sides, a white chocolate mask as someone else said, and either a real or artificial red rose tied with a black ribbon as the toppers . Maybe a chocolate buttercream base.
Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%